Agronomy Sales Advisor
Company: Innovative Ag Services
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Thank you for your interest in a career with Innovative Ag
Services, an equal opportunity employer. As we expand our markets
and develop new services, we are looking for talented individuals
to be part of our fast-paced and dynamic team environment. Our
business continues to grow with people from different backgrounds,
experiences and abilities, coming together for a common goal: to
make Innovative Ag Services our customer's preferred business
Our corporate office is located in Monticello, Iowa with 30
additional locations scattered throughout Iowa and southwest
Wisconsin. We employ 250 fulltime people in Operations,
Transportation, Sales, Grain Merchandising, Management, Customer
Service, Accounting, IT, Human Resources and Communications. We
also hire an additional 120 seasonal employees and interns
throughout the year.
As a progressive leader in the agricultural industry, we offer
challenging careers in a variety of areas. From accountants to
agronomists, our employees enjoy competitive salaries, an
exceptional benefits package and a safety-focused work
All applications are reviewed by Human Resources. If and when your
background and availability match the requirements for the position
for which you have applied, you may be contacted for an
You must have a valid email address to apply. If you currently do
not have an email address.
Innovative Ag Services is an Equal Opportunity employer and is
proud to have a drug-free environment. All employment offers are
contingent upon applicant successfully completing drug and
Primary Objective: To increase volume sales and margin growth by
actively selling products and services for the benefit of IAS and
its member owners.
The following duties are typical for this job. These are not to be
construed as exclusive or all inclusive.
- Promote the sales of all IAS products and programs with primary
emphasis of crop protection products, plant food, seed, agronomy
programs and services.
- Increase unit sales, gross margins, and market share by
aggressively contacting and selling current and potential customers
with in an assigned area.
- Provide necessary information to current and prospective
customers to support products and programs, and assist customers in
making production and business decisions.
- Communicate on a regular basis with location team members to
keep them abreast of current crop production and business
practices; products, programs, and services; and customer/prospect
- Promote and coordinate Precision Ag activities at the
- Work closely with location manager to coordinate product
inventories and distribution to customers.
- Facilitate efficient and accurate pricing, invoicing, and
- Submit weekly reports of contacts made and customer and
- Assist location managers in account receivable management and
- Work with Sales Manager to quickly resolve any concerns or
complaints brought forward by current or prospective
- Actively assist in the development of individual growth and
development plans and participate in agreed upon training.
- Support and help develop department and individual marketing
and business plans.
- Keep an up to date database of all customers and prospects with
in assigned area.
- Maintain required licenses necessary to perform job
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Possess sufficient knowledge of crop production science to
advise producers on agronomy plans, products and services to secure
efficient production, higher yield and improved quality.
- Computer skills including Word and Excel.
- Display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment
towards completing assignments efficiently.
- Ability to communicate information or ideas effectively in
written or oral form.
- Ability to organize, deal with change effectively, and work on
multiple tasks concurrently.
- Post secondary degree or equivalent with education and
Physical Requirements/Environmental Adaptability:
- Requires static strength to lift, push, pull, or carry objects
with a minimum weight of 50 pounds. Also flexibility to bend,
stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs. Also
trunk strength and ability to use abdominal and lower back muscles
to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time.
Some tasks involve repetitive motion.
- Agricultural Environment - Possible exposure to seasonal
weather, outdoor conditions, and agriculture products.
- Personal Protective Equipment may be required for some
. Date posted: 10/06/2022
Keywords: Innovative Ag Services, Cedar Rapids , Agronomy Sales Advisor, Sales , Elkader, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!