Customer Service Representative
Company: West Side Transport
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Position Summary: Under general supervision, performs duties as
the primary support for West Side Transport customers. Ensures data
entry is accurate, detailed and timely. Maintains open
communication both internally and externally in order to sustain
complete satisfaction of customers.Essential Functions: * Enters
orders within the computer system daily and monitors all shipments
to ensure complete satisfaction for customers both internal and
- Requests the creation of new customer codes and update and
maintain records. Verifies with these customers, hours of
operation, directions and any additional information to
successfully pick up and/or deliver to their locations.
- Ensures that all appointments are scheduled prior to any
shipment being loaded.
- Completes the necessary functions in all required TMS systems.
Request additional charges as they arise and follow through with
the approval process. Update computer systems to reflect any
changes in the customer revenue amounts.
- When providing rates for new or existing lanes, maximize
revenue for the company and ensure that the approved rate is sent
to the Rating department for updating & invoicing.
- Act as the liaison between all parties involved in each
transaction with timely communication and follow through.
- Understand West Side and the customer's needs. Build rapport
with all parties with professional interactions and
- Work with National Account Managers, Sales & all departments.
Participate in meetings to improve service and freight
needs.Necessary Qualifications: One-year experience in the area of
Customer Service or related field required; AS/400 experience
preferred; ability to type 40 w.p.m. preferred; excellent customer
service and communication skills required.Physical Qualifications:
Sitting, talking on the phone and entering data into the computer
for extended periods of time required.The above statements reflect
the general duties of the position and describe the principal
functions and may be adjusted according to the business environment
as seen fit by management.Job Type: Full-timePay: $17.00 - $21.00
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shiftEducation:
- High school or equivalent (Required)Experience:
- Customer service: 1 year (Required)Work Location:
- One locationWork Remotely:
- NoWork Location: One location
Keywords: West Side Transport, Cedar Rapids , Customer Service Representative, Sales , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!