Member Service Representative
Company: GreenState Credit Union
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: January 12, 2021
GreenState Credit UnionMember Service RepresentativeUS-IA-Cedar
RapidsJob ID: 2020-2616Type: Regular Full-Time# of Openings:
2Category: RetailGreenState Credit UnionOverviewGreenState is now
taking applications for the Member Service Representative role.
Ideal candidates will be friendly, patient, and conscientious team
players who will constantly strive to do accurate work. GreenState
will value your loyalty, attention to detail, cooperative attitude,
and ability to do their job well, time and time again. Service
starts with this key role and as an MSR, you are our service
champion. If you've got a passion for service and are willing to
learn, we will train you! No degree required. As an MSR you will
work in tandem with other branch staff to deliver outstanding
service to our members and proactively promote our superior credit
union products on a daily basis. Come be a part of our team and be
rewarded for your high quality work! GreenState is proud to offer a
Bilingual Pay Program for qualifying applicants. Position
details:Monday through Friday from 8:45 am - 5:45 pm, plus 3 out of
4 Saturdays from 9:00 am - Noon.Pay range for this hourly position
is $13.01 - $19.52 with a monthly incentive opportunity and a
progressive benefits package. ResponsibilitiesPerforms essential
duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may
include, but are not limited to those listed and are subject to
- Adheres to the Credit Union Service Standards in carrying out
GreenState's mission and vision.
- Acknowledge/Greet each member with Welcome to Your Credit
- Appearance - Adhere to GreenState's Credit Union dress code
policy for front line staff
- Communication - Speak professionally and clearly. Use proper
vocabulary such as "Good Morning, Happy to help, Certainly,
- Individual Needs - Take ownership of member's issues and
creates a positive experience.
- Exceed Expectations - Always go above and beyond expectations
and perform requests with the smile, happy to help attitude.
- Confidence - Own your knowledge
- Thank you - Thank each member for their business and make them
- Sales - Ask questions, listen to your members' needs and offer
solutions that make sense.
- Promotes and implements GreenState's values:
- We Go Above and Beyond
- We're Truthful and Accountable
- We're Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
- We Embrace Continuous Improvement and Efficiency
- We Create Fun
- We Build Positive Team Spirit
- We Grow Through Learning
- We're Bold yet Humble
- Adheres to the Credit Union's Core values and Service Standards
in carrying out GreenState's mission and vision while following the
5 Star Service Standards.
- Ensures confidentiality of members account records and account
information. Request identification whenever necessary and provide
account information to only those members listed as primary or
- Makes weekly outbound service calls to members.
- Answers member questions or refer members to appropriate
departments or supervisors.
- Assists with member account discrepancies, statement problems,
complaints and escalates as necessary.
- Performs member transactions including; deposits, withdrawals,
transfers, check cashing, loan payments, credit card payments, cash
advances, bond redemptions, disbursement of official checks, sale
of money orders, cashier checks, savings bonds, and promotional
- Builds member relationships by recognizing their financial
needs and meeting those needs with the appropriate GreenState
product and service or referring them to the specialized department
(Wealth Management, Commercial, Mortgage, GreenState Insurance
etc.) to be served.
- Maintains a satisfactory balancing record.
- Educates members and staff of the features and benefits of all
our products and services.
- Refers products and services that benefit members to achieve
- Accepts and examines checks for endorsements and negotiability.
Determine availability of funds based on regulations and policy.
Place holds on accounts for uncollected funds when necessary,
provide member with the proper documentation.
- Processes mail and night deposit transactions.
- Completes all forms including negotiable instrument logs, vault
cash advances/turn-ins, direct deposit, member check orders.
- Participates in Opening and Closing procedures. Organize the
MSR area and turn off all equipment (computers, copier, adding
machines, lights). Ensure all confidential information is secured
at the end of the day.
- Complete daily work including balancing and reconciliation of
- Monitors and manage the vault including cash disbursements,
balancing, and end of day lock-up. Ensure that enough, but not
excessive, funds are always on hand .
- Assists in security procedures. Has access to and is
accountable for office keys and combinations.
- Balances, maintains, and corrects the coin machine and cash
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating
in community service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored
- Interpersonal skills to represent the Credit Union in a
- High energy with the ability to approach individuals to engage
in conversation, build rapport, establish and maintain member
- Thorough knowledge of deposit products and regulations.
- Accuracy in the handling of cash, recording daily transactions,
and attention to detail.
- Good telephone manners and techniques.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and exercise sound
- Member account problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with related computer applications, spreadsheets,
word processing, and database applications.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
as a cohesive team.
- High school diploma or the equivalent (i.e. GED).
- Cash handling, sales, and customer service experience
- Must be bondable.
- Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and
works overtime as necessitated by business demand.Reporting
RelationshipReports to the Vice President/Branch Managers as
assigned.Supervisory ResponsibilitiesThis position is not
responsible for supervision of other employees.Equal Opportunity
Employment StatementGreenState Credit Union is an EEO/AA Employer.
M/F/Veteran/Disability. We strongly encourage minorities, veterans,
and individuals with disabilities to apply for openings with the
credit union. PI128347103
Keywords: GreenState Credit Union, Cedar Rapids , Member Service Representative, Sales , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!