Staff Electrical Engineer - ASIC/FPGA
Company: Collins Aerospace
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Date Posted:2019-04-24-07:00Country:United States of
AmericaLocation:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar
Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USAAt Collins Aerospace, were dedicated to
relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry all
to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies
Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems were
driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and
intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day
we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter,
safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys,
reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all
with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE
We are currently searching for aStaff Electrical Engineer -
ASIC/FPGAto join our team in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. A comprehensive
relocation package isavailable for qualified candidates.
Become part of the growing Commercial Systems Engineering ASIC/FPGA
Design Solutions team. This position is for a highly experienced,
highly motivated Electrical or Computer Engineer that will be
involved in the design, implementation, verification and
integration of a wide variety of high-performance digital systems
that incorporate ASICs, FPGAs, and SoPCs into a product solution.
As an engineer in this organization, you will be employing best
practice design methodologies supporting our next generation of
Avionics Products, in addition to numerous products
- Requirements capture and decomposition.
- ASIC/FPGA/SoPC digital architecture and design.
- RTL coding and simulation in VHDL, Verilog, or System
- This position requires a Bachelors degree in the appropriate
discipline (STEM degree is highly preferred) and 7 years of
relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate
discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a
degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
- Expert using FPGA vendor specific tools (e.g. Vivado, Quartus,
- Expert with designing data interfaces (PCIe, DDR, Ethernet,
- Expert with implementing solutions that contain 3rd party
- Expert with networking standards including AFDX and 802.3
- Expert using ASIC/FPGA simulation tools such as Questasim.
- Expert in creating timing constraints and achieving timing
closure (Vivado, Quartus, Libero, Primetime)
- Prior experience with Unix, scripting, C/C++, Python, and/or
- Prior experience with SoC/SoPC based designs including ARM Core
- Provide guidance or mentor, when necessary, to a team of
engineers with a variety of skills andbackgrounds.
- Recommendation of new tools and practices for continuous
improvement in the groups ASIC/FPGA design flow.
- Experience with revision control concepts and tools (e.g.
Clearcase, Subversion, Git)
- Ability to perform ASIC / FPGA validation with advanced lab
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Desired skills of a successful candidate:
- Prior experience with ASIC/FPGA/SoC design assurance activities
- Prior experience with OVM/UVM Methodology.
- Familiarity with best practice chip-level verification
techniques and languages (e.g. constrained random, functional
- Ability to troubleshoot Design for Test (DFT) and
- Prior experience with developing in an Agile environment and
knowledge of the Agile principles.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless
possibility. And the bonds we form with our customers and with each
other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and
separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team thats redefining aerospace, every
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not
be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status
or any other protected status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Keywords: Collins Aerospace, Cedar Rapids , Staff Electrical Engineer - ASIC/FPGA, Professions , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!