Compliance Analyst I
Company: United Fire Group
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: August 15, 2019
Job ID 2019-1987# of Openings 2Job Locations US-IA-Cedar
RapidsPosted Date 2019-06-03Category Corporate UnderwritingTravel
NoneCompany Car Provided NoOverview
UFG offers you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy,
financially stable company. While we've always known our commitment
to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others
recognize our dedicated efforts. We've been named an Iowa Top
Workplace by the Des Moines Register for four consecutive years,
and included on Forbes' "America's Most Trustworthy Financial
Companies" every year since 2014. Additionally, UFG is a
super-regional property and casualty insurer rated "A" (Excellent)
by A.M. Best Company.
The Filing Compliance Analyst is responsible for the creation,
implementation and maintenance of the P&C lines forms, rates
and rules filing process. This position's primary duty is state
filing support. This includes but is not limited to assisting with
state filing requirements, reviewing filing material for compliance
with state laws and legislative requirements, and preparing final
versions of filing material and setting up filings for submission.
The coordinator will create and analyze reports as required.
- Prepare and file SERFF and state mandated form, rate and rule
submissions. Including but not limited to filing letters and
- Coordinate updates to exception pages in manuals.
- Assist with the development of state filing strategy in
coordination with affected / other UFG departments on revision of
rate form and rules based on statutory review of state insurance
departments or change in corporate risk appetite. Keep informed of
new filing procedures and regulations by monitoring state websites
and industry resources.
- Prepare responses, in coordination with affected departments,
to inquiries or objections initiated by state insurance
departments. Develop and utilize relationships with state insurance
departments and peers to work through product issues to ensure
timely resolution and marketability.
- Monitor rating bureau circulars and bulletins. Summarize
findings and advise impact on existing and new product filings.
Coordinate preparation of state or company-mandated form
- Collaborate on underwriting manuals and forms management system
- Serve as company liaison between state insurance departments
and UFG on filings related regulatory compliance.
- Maintain and develop communications with national/state
agencies/bureaus. Build relationship with state regulators who
handle the day-to-day filing issues to facilitate the filing
process. Participation in designated industry regulatory committee
- Maintains documentation of files, fees, notice requirements,
and approval procedures for state filings.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline, or equivalent
- Possess or have made substantial progress toward one or more of
the following insurance designations: CPCU, AU, or ARM.
- A minimum of 5 years of industry-related experience.
SERFF/forms filing experience preferred.
Knowledge, skills & Abilities:
- SERFF (System for Electronic Rate, Rule and Form Filings) and
state-mandated filing proficiency
- Knowledge of commercial and personal insurance concepts,
coverage and underwriting
- Ability to conduct online [research and monitor and analyze
industry trends and emerging issues
- The ability to work independently and in a team structured
environment to meet common goals, objectives and deadlines.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and timely manage large volumes
of work and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of project management principles.
- Apply broad knowledge and experience, using seasoned judgment
while addressing complex issues.
- Well-developed interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written
- Nurtures commitment to common vision, shared values, and
demonstrates a strong commitment to organization success.
- Translates strategies into specific objectives and action
- Builds broad base of support (consensus building) with
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (especially excel and
word), Adobe, and all other pertinent business-related software
Keywords: United Fire Group, Cedar Rapids , Compliance Analyst I, Professions , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!