Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: August 14, 2019
Job ID 1452 Location Cedar Rapids, IA Apply Now Shive Hattery is
looking to grow our architecture group as well as our design
presence within the corridor. We're looking for a self-motivated,
passionate architect that is seeking a challenging career with
growth opportunities to lead our architecture group. This person
will be a key part of helping us realize our architectural vision.
In this position you will be working with other senior architects,
company-wide, on conceptual designs, space planning, presentations,
design development, and production. Candidate will have the
opportunity to be mentored as well as mentor other talented
architects in their careers. This person will have the opportunity
to work side by side with engineers on a daily basis and understand
multi-discipline design taking architectural design abilities to
the next level. This person would be located in the Cedar Rapids
office with a focus on the IC/CR Corridor; as well great
opportunities to collaborate with other architects and disciplines
company wide. Culture is a crucial element in allowing an
architecture group to reach their full potential. The candidate
should be outgoing, a team player, possess a positive can-do
attitude, hardworking, and be self-motivated. This position can
provide future organizational leadership possibilities.
- Provide project team coordination from concept through
construction, specifications, and material selections.
- Provide direction, redline, and mentor entry level staff in
- Produce accurate technical and contract documentation for
construction of project.
- Participate in construction administration, evaluate bids,
conduct site visits, address technical issues, and maintain quality
control during construction.
- Work with engineers, contractors, fabricators, and regulatory
agencies to meet overall project objectives.
- Utilize hand and 3D software renderings to communicate design
- Meet with clients and assist in managing client expectations,
team communication and in-house engineering coordination.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks, be a team player,
possess a can-do attitude, be a self-starter.
- Bachelor of Architecture degree.
- 8+ years of professional experience.
- Licensed Architect.
- Knowledge of building codes, zoning, jurisdictional processes,
building materials, specifications, and construction
- Experience in construction document preparation and field
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and
relationship management skills.
- Ability to manage variety of project types in various stages of
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp and other 3D modeling
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a
qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected
veteran. Future Consideration: Yes Apply Now
Keywords: Shive-Hattery, Cedar Rapids , Sr. Architect, Professions , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!