Company: GreatAmerica Financial Services Corporation
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate
processing or to improve existing computer system by performing the
- Take all perspectives into account for application platform and
environments of GreatAmerica.
- Provide documentation, training, consulting and insights on the
applications for which he/she is responsible for best practices,
trends and upcoming features to GreatAmerica teams.
- Work with advanced formula, validation and picklist.
- Strategize security and permission models.
- Provide day-to-day operational administration for the owned
applications; activities include but not limited to upgrades,
health and stability maintenance, performance tuning, managing
users, cleansing and auditing data, monitoring events and taking
appropriate actions, managing advanced security, optimizing the
usage of the platform, environments and applications, deploying and
maintaining codes, build complex reports, dashboards, process
automation, workflows and other advanced admin capabilities.
- Proficient in troubleshooting applications and data
- Installs new releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs
patches and resolves software related problems as necessary.
- Respond to phone calls and email requests for technical support
- Prioritize and complete tasks to meet customer SLAs.
- Administer licenses and usage of applications for which he/she
- Monitor application performance and system configuration to
ensure optimal performance.
- Maintain data files and monitor system configuration to ensure
- Works with team members, leadership, business unit members to
analyze current operational procedures, identify problems, and
learn specific input and output requirements such as forms of data
input, how data is to be summarized, and formats for reports,
- Maintain knowledge articles for program purpose, function and
- Studies existing applications for which he/she is responsible
to evaluate effectiveness.
- Perform application maintenance and other support duties as
defined by functional guidance.
- Other duties as assigned.Position Qualifications
For all GreatAmerica team members:
- Honesty/Integrity, Customer Oriented, Accountability,
Tenacious, Communication Skills (Oral & Written), Adaptability
For this position:
- Communication: Active Listening, Persuasive, Relationship
Building, Tactful and Strong Presentation Skills
- Business Orientation: Strong decision making, Detail Oriented,
Organizational Management, Process Management (LEAN, Six Sigma,
etc.), Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
high-pressure environment, Thoughtful Problem Solving, Project
Management, Analytical Skills, Business Acumen
- Customer Orientation: Strong customer service orientation,
Enjoy working in a team-oriented, collaborative
Bachelors degree in technology field preferred.
Certifications / Licenses:
The below certifications are to be used as guides however not
required. Proficiency in the area is more important than having the
- Technical (CompTIA A+, Network+, etc.)
- ITIL (Foundations)
- PMP (Project Management Professional)
- TQM (Total Quality Management)
- Minimum 2 years of work experience supporting
- Broad understanding of software development and project
management concepts preferred.Computer Skills:
- Cloud technologies and services delivered via cloud providers
(ServiceNow, Salesforce, O365, Azure, AWS)
- IT Service Management Platform
- Advanced knowledge of the MS Office productivity suite,
computer operating systems,
- Reporting and dashboarding concepts
Keywords: GreatAmerica Financial Services Corporation, Cedar Rapids , Systems Analyst, Professions , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!