Company: ImOn Communications
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: May 20, 2019
DescriptionImOn Communications is the LOCAL choice for cable TV,
high-speed Internet and phone service. We value the relationships
we have with members of our community and look forward to serving
the Cedar Rapids area for many years to come. As we expand our
service availability we are recruiting for a Sales Engineer to be a
part of the ImOn Difference.
The Installation Technician will perform basic and moderately
advanced installations, disconnects and service changes for
business customers of ImOn Communications. Perform basic
troubleshooting and repair for services from tap to consumer's
electronic devices (TV, VCR, Modem, phone, etc.).
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Perform installations, troubleshoot and repair ImOn
Communications services including set top box return from the tap
to the connection of the customers equipment for single and
multi-family dwellings including, as appropriate, all necessary
wiring (interior and exterior) and hardware; install, troubleshoot
and repair drops from tap to cable modem
- Educate customer on proper use of services
- Determine acceptability of service by using diagnostic
software, performance testing tools or other appropriate methods of
testing service; identify and repair leakage from the tap to the
- Perform connects (new connects and reconnects), disconnects
(requested and non-pays), upgrades, downgrades, and relocates;
install additional outlets, and install or remove ImOn equipment;
connect various options available with customers equipment per
- Assure proper signal levels and picture quality on all
television sets, and clean the premises of all debris and materials
after the installation is complete
- Monitor and record system, drop and in house leakage; maintain
records including daily longs, gas sheets, etc. as required;
properly record all required information on work orders, surveys,
- Promote cable, Internet, and other Company services; educate
the customer on channel lineups, proper equipment usage, and other
services that are available; represent Company as needed to collect
payments and secure appropriate customer signatures; relay customer
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental
and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others though example and sharing of
- Routine and other maintenance on company provided truck
- Keep company provided truck clean
- Report any damages to company provided truck.
- Company provided tools are issued to employee and if lost
damage or stolen need to be reported immediately for
- Perform additional duties as assigned.RequirementsRequired
Experience, Training, and Special Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- NCTI or SCTE certification preferred.
- Valid Iowa Drivers License with a driving record that allows
for you to be insured by ImOns insurance carrier.Essential Physical
AbilitiesRequires the following with or without reasonable
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing which permits the
employee to communicate effectively.
- Sufficient vision which permits the employee to operate
equipment and tools.
- Sufficient manual dexterity and personal mobility which permits
employee to operate equipment.
- Capable to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx.
28 ft high and 75+ pounds).
- Must accommodate various working conditions such as: Poorly
ventilated areas such as attics during extreme heat, dust, dirt,
noise, insects, cleaning solution; work outdoors in all kinds of
weather and at all times of the day or night; work near power lines
- Capable to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt as
- Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to
- Ability to make cable connections in tight spaces by bending,
- Ability to walk over all types of terrain in all kinds of
weather while carrying 75+ pounds including tools and equipment,
gaffs, ladders, and fully loaded tool belts.
- Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time.
- Employees must be able to use required personal protective
equipment to adhere to safety requirements.
- Employees in this position must weigh within the safety weight
requirements (250lbs without tools) to safely operate company
ladders and bucket trucks which are essential to this position.ImOn
also offers competitive pay, health and dental insurance, 401(k),
discounted Cable, Internet & Phone services, and additional perks
such as FREE vision insurance, FREE life insurance and FREE short
term/long term disability, as well as vacation & holiday pay, and
community volunteer opportunities.
Keywords: ImOn Communications, Cedar Rapids , Installation Technician, Professions , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!