Company: U-Line Corporatation
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Position: Project Engineer Since 1962, U-Line Corporation has
been creating products designed for a modern lifestyle - beautiful
and functional refrigeration and ice products that properly
preserve food, beverages, and wine. Proudly manufactured in
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA. Since 2014, U-Line has been part of the
Middleby family of brands. Learn more at Reports to: Engineering
Director Employment Type: Full-time, Hourly Non-Exempt Perks:
Listed below is what we're looking for from you. From U-Line, you
- A competitive benefits package including 401(k) matching
- Free to all full-time employees is life insurance, short- and
long-term disability insurance
- Employee referral program
- Tuition reimbursement to help grow your career skills and
- An exciting and challenging work environment with a casual
dress code Position Overview: Your workdays will be challenging,
diverse and interesting; including managing multiple engineering
projects from prototype construction to designing refrigeration
systems. You will have hands-on involvement at every step for all
manufactured products while maintaining the highest quality levels
for both Marvel and U-Line brands. Our Project Engineers assist in
bringing our refrigeration concepts to life, from paper to reality
to achieve high quality products for our high-end customers.
- Management of designated engineering projects.
- Design of components and component assemblies for refrigeration
- Refrigeration system and control design.
- Hands-on build-up of concept prototypes for design review and
functional proof-of-concept verification testing.
- Assemble electrical systems and prototypes using knowledge of
electrical principles, hand tools, and measuring instruments.
- Develop specifications for electronic control firmware and
- Utilization and maintenance of Engineering Lab data acquisition
system as required to support product development.
- Creation of test procedures for functional performance
- Creation and maintenance of material and component
- Conduct design and process FMEA's.
- Conduct design reviews with cross-functional and management
- First piece inspection of fabricated and supplier parts.
- Provide manufacturing support for both new and mature
- Lead and drive sustainable continuous improvement relative to
process capability, quality, and cost. Qualifications: Associates
degree in HVAC.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related
- 1-5 years of experience in the refrigeration appliance industry
- Refrigeration system and heat transfer background a plus.
- Responsible work ethic and pro-active initiative.
- "Project" not "task" oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- 3D CAD modeling capabilities, (Solid Works preferred).
- Enjoys a "hands on" dynamic work environment. Working
- Office based
- 8-hour shifts
- Monday- Friday
Keywords: U-Line Corporatation, Cedar Rapids , Project Engineer, Professions , Hartwick, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...