Materials Planner (Entry / Experienced Level Professional)
Company: Michelin North America
Posted on: March 15, 2023
Materials Planner (Entry / Experienced Level
Professional)Michelin, the Worldwide leader in Tires, is
hiring!--------------------------THIS OPEN POSITION IS LOCATED ONLY
AT THE FOLLOWINGLOCATIONS: PEOSTAMISSION :The Materials Planner is
responsible for the coordination of production according to demand
and quality standards of Michelin with maximum performance and
minimum delay.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Materials Manager.
- Follow up with supplier on past due orders & any shortages
needed for production.
- Issue purchase orders and delivery schedules to suppliers.
- Work with suppliers to ensure accurate and on time
- Support the lean manufacturing philosophy.
- Work closely with internal team on reducing lead time and
- Perform administrative duties related to
- Route all logistic activities related to product line.
- Work closely with suppliers on a daily basis.
- Attend meetings on-line/in person.
- Support / Maintain PFEP.
- Back order / purchase requisitions / Cogi.
- Assist corporate project buyers.
- Assist in ECN process.
- Enter pricing for material & update pricing in SAP.
- Support the EMS, QMS & H&S systems.
- Support other departments as needed.
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed by
management.Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Job shop environment.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace.
- Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs.
- Exposure to materials and noise levels which are moderate to
- Rapidly changing priorities.Requirements/Qualifications:
- HS Diploma/GED required
- Technical or Bachelors degree preferred.
- Valid driver's license.
- 3-5 years professional experience in manufacturing planning,
inventory control or materials planning role.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Self-directed, people oriented, flexible, professional,
- Strong computer skills - experience with Microsoft Office
- Proficient in SAP with Material/Purchasing transaction.
- Concerned about detail, rigor & problem solving oriented.
- Strong knowledge of inventory management.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing.#LI-RM1Motivated by our Purpose
- We Care about Giving People a Better Way Forward - Michelin
offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with
competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement
benefits and perks such as:
- A competitive salary and benefits
- Collaboration with diverse and international co-workers
- Professional development opportunities
- A challenging role in a highly innovative company
- An Employee Assistance Program(Take note that some elements of
this Total Rewards package may differ from other positions offered
at Michelin, as this role is opened at Camso, the Off-the-Road
business line)Moving Forward Together: Apply Today!Michelin is an
equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women,
veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part
of the employment process because of a disability, please contact
us at This position is not available for immigration
Keywords: Michelin North America, Cedar Rapids , Materials Planner (Entry / Experienced Level Professional), Professions , Peosta, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...