Head of Supply Chain
Company: Leap Recruit
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: March 13, 2023
Provide professional procurement and contract management support
to all -company and franchised restaurants. This support will
ensure continuous availability at the lowest possible cost of
products that meet our specified quality standards, resulting in
direct and measurable contributions to company sales and
- Ensure all products are continuously available to distributors
and -locations when needed by establishing agreements/contracts
with product manufacturers.
- Anticipate, identify and promptly address all product
availability issues and resolve any chronic supply issues that
- Ensure all suppliers have sufficient production and quality
capabilities to meet company's needs by visiting existing and
potential suppliers' facilities and assessing production
capabilities, manufacturing practices and quality standards.
- Track underlying markets and analyze price trends over time for
assigned commodities, and use this knowledge to structure
advantageous contract pricing and provide price trend information
to other corporate departments as needed
- Maintain -prices at or below open market indices through
negotiations, cost/price analysis, value engineering, and
development of alternate suppliers.Manage the Non-Food Supply Chain
- Manage production and inventory levels at manufacturers and
distributors to ensure reliability and lowest total cost and avoid
costs for discontinued/obsolete inventory.
- Proactively develop additional suppliers as we grow to ensure
the lowest costs -
- Ensure availability and accurate pricing at authorized
distributors on assigned products on a continuous basis.
- Support effective new product introductions by working
collaboratively with R&D on product sourcing and innovation,
and negotiating and managing new item introductions with our
- Ensure timely availability of all assigned ingredients to
support product tests and new product introductions. -Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Food Science,
Business, or related field
- 5+ years of experience -in a QSR Restaurant
purchasing/procurement environment (or related experience)
- Working knowledge of purchasing principles and practices,
purchasing law and contracting terms.
- Strong computer skills in Excel, Word and Power Point. Must be
able to create spreadsheets, use formulas, graph data, and create
professional looking output.
- Excellent organizational skills; must be able to manage several
complex projects simultaneously and continually re-prioritize
projects as needs change.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and the
ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management at
the corporate office and in the restaurants.
- Ability to analyze complex data and make contracting
recommendations based on sound judgment, problem solving, and
- Always maintain the highest ethical standards in dealings with
suppliers, franchisees and coworkers.Able to work occasionally in
typical restaurant and distribution environments (hot kitchens,
coolers & freezers, etc.).Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Leap Recruit, Cedar Rapids , Head of Supply Chain, Professions , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...