Location: East Dubuque
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and
transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail
outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential
link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on
tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates
temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over
16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities
- from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting,
administration, business development, customer support,
engineering, transportation, and technology solutions
Perform various clerical duties requiring knowledge of office
systems and procedures. These duties will be assigned in accordance
with the office procedures of individual establishments and may
include a combination of answering telephones, bookkeeping, typing
or word processing, office machine operation, and filing.
• Answer telephones, direct calls, and take messages.
• Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to
answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders,
and address concerns.
• Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities,
business transactions, and other activities.
• Complete and mail bills, contracts, policies, invoices, or
• Manage calendars, and arrange appointments.
• Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such
as records or reports.
• Count, weight, measure, or organize materials.
• Deliver messages and run errands.
• Inventory and order materials, supplies, and services.
• Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database
systems, either manually or using a computer.
• Open, sort, route and answer correspondence.
• Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners,
facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
• Process and prepare documents.
• Review files, records, and other documents to obtain information
to respond to requests.
• Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to
work assigned shift.
• Other duties upon request.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred,
or at least one year related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers,
fractions, and decimals.
• Good customer service skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with variety of
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and
receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without
exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring
reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with
others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a
• Tools and Technology - Knowledge of filing systems, Experience
with Warehouse Management Systems, Experience with Microsoft Office
Suite, Calculators, Desktop computers, Photocopiers
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down
from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements
for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts,
carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and
receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without
exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning,
negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and
respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.
Keywords: Americold, Cedar Rapids , Clerk, Professions , East Dubuque, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!