Company: Frito-Lay North America
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Maintenance MechanicQuaker Oats, part of PepsiCo, is looking for
a Maintenance Mechanic to work in our fast-paced 24-hour operating
manufacturing environment. The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible
for repairing and installing production/manufacturing equipment.
Maintenance Mechanic will inspect equipment for proper functioning
and preforms preventative maintenance duties per manufacturer's
specifications. Quaker is a progressive employer, utilizing high
perform work systems focused on driving results through
organization development. We are looking for engaged individuals
that will be dedicated to safety and teamwork. It takes teamwork
for a facility to run smoothly, so you can expect to work weekends
and holidays with the rest of the team. We also offer unbeatable
benefits including health insurance, dental and vision, retirement
savings benefits including 401(k) with company contribution,
vacation days and much more. Job Responsibilities (other duties may
- Repair, maintain and troubleshoot plant machinery and
equipment, including high-speed. packaging equipment, conveying
equipment and product delivery systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance routines to minimize equipment
- Repair/replacement of pumps, valves, and airlines.
- Trouble shoot pneumatic and hydraulic aspects of plant
- Perform hoisting and rigging of all types of equipment.
- Work with other team members to ensure objectives are being
met, including providing assistance to other areas within
department as needed.
- Complete all necessary paperwork in a timely manner, including
maintaining work logs and data collection.
- Understand unique qualities of the product and specific process
- Maintain training qualifications and demonstrate competencies
needed for department
- Input data into computers using software.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned.QualificationsTo
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a general knowledge of PC's, excellent communication,
interpersonal, training, teaming, and problem-solving skills
- Past experience with root cause problem solving and
troubleshooting complex machinery.
- Must have basic math, analytical and technical skills.
- Must work effectively in a team environment which requires
continued development of new skills, continued drive for
productivity and process improvements, self-direction and the
ability to communicate at all levels
- Must be able to work any shift in any department, including an
alternative 12-hour work schedule, weekends, and holidays.
- Regular predictive attendance is required.
- Must be able to work over 40 hours a week.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of working in a
manufacturing environment including, but not limited to, excessive
heat, dust, and noise
- Must have the ability to lift moderately heavy weights (up to
- Must be willing to comply with grooming/sanitation
requirementsJoin the 2,500 Quaker associates that work hard to
bring you the snacks you love by submitting your application
today.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority /
Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws,
including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections
4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal
Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an
applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the
Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement.
Keywords: Frito-Lay North America, Cedar Rapids , Electrician, Professions , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!