Company: TREEHOUSE FOODS
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Employee Type: Full time Location: IA Cedar Rapids Job Type:
Production Maintenance Job Posting Title:
1333-Electrical/Electronic Technician Job Description:
Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions: May perform a
combination of the following duties based upon job assignment:
Inspect, maintain repair and overhaul electromechanical and solid
state electrical equipment, using a variety of electrical test
equipment, meters, powered and non-powered tools and equipment.
Install new electrical and electronic equipment and electrical
wiring according to the National Electrical Code and company
electrical standards. Maintain and repair electrical and electronic
systems. Perform low voltage switching and operate generators in
support of operations. Work safely and cooperatively with
co-workers, contractors and the public. Lead a team in performing
maintenance or repair work. Other related incidental work as
needed. Comply with and practice proper equipment clearance
procedures. Perform all work in compliance with applicable codes,
standards, safety and environment regulations. Responsible for
station lockout/tag out procedures as needed and as mandated by
company policy. Additional responsibilities may include:
- Mechanical - Repair chain, belt and gear drives, bearings.
- Sheet Metal - Repair spouting, ducting, patch leaks.
- Pipefitting - Repair valves, traps, fittings, (steam, air,
- Millwrights - Repair safety guarding, flooring (wood, concrete
or metal), pneumatic systems, conveying systems (all types),
milling equipment (rolls, aspirators, sifters, grinders etc.)
- Lubrication - Grease equipment and change oil.
- General - Respond to security and fire alarm systems.
- Misc. - rebuild gearboxes, motors, pneumatic assemblies,
- Other duties as assigned. General Qualifications SKILLS/
COMPETENCIES: Methods, equipment and materials used in the
electrical trade. General knowledge of health, safety and
environmental regulations. Applicable laws, codes, regulations,
policies and procedures. Basic First Aid procedures. Principles of
electronic theory as applied to electrical and electronic circuits,
wiring and electrical equipment used in an industrial environment.
Theory of operation and use of Programmable Logic Control (PLC)
units and other computer based equipment. Knowledge of RS Logix 5,
500, 5000 & RS Linx, Device Net, & RS View to troubleshoot
equipment. Knowledge of plc's, motors and motor controls,
transformers and control circuits. Proficient written and verbal
communication skills. Analyze situations accurately and adopt an
effective course of action. Work from blueprints, shop drawings and
sketches. Work independently with little direction. - Install,
including programming, and troubleshooting PLC based equipment
Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working
relationships with others. Supervision:
- This position does not have direct reports, but works closely
with Lab Technician, Group Leader and provides leadership to other
plant personnel using strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of a recognized vocational education program in
electrical or industrial electrical or industrial training -OR-
completion of a recognized Electrical Apprenticeship Program. Two
years' journey-level experience as an electrician in the industrial
- First Aid, CPR, AED certification required.
- Forklift and scissor lift certification required.
- Working knowledge of production equipment, preventative
maintenance concepts, food safety practices, and employee safety
- Must be able to use packaging equipment in the plant and
standard office equipment including copier, scanner, mobile /
handle held device, and personal computer #LI-HS1#IND1 Physical
- Requires climbing, standing, sitting, reaching, bending and
lifting heavy objects in awkward and sometimes tight spaces using
proper lifting and rigging techniques.
- Must be able to frequently lift and or move 35 pounds;
occasionally lift and move 50 lbs. Use hands to finger, handle, or
feel objects including keyboards, small hardware, and reach with
hands and arms.
- Specific vision requirements include close, distance, color and
peripheral vision and depth perception / focus abilities.
- Subject to exposure to fumes, dust and vibration.
- Subject to exposure to high noise levels requiring hearing
- Subject to working near moving parts of heavy machinery and low
/ mid voltage equipment where the use of appropriate
protective/safety equipment is required.
- May be subject to after duty call-ins. The specific statements
shown in each section of this description are not intended to be
all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria
considered necessary to perform the job successfully. The Company
recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an
accommodation to enable him/her to successfully perform a job
function. Consideration will be given to reasonable
Associated topics: cable, electrical, electrician, journeyman
electrician, power, satellite, solar, transformer, troubleshoot,
Keywords: TREEHOUSE FOODS, Cedar Rapids , Technician, Professions , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!