Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) Specialist
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionPTSolutions the leading supplier of industrial
tools in the Midwest and one of the Top 100 distributors in the
United States. With more than 30 locations throughout the country
and more than 400,000 square feet of warehouse space, PTSolutions
is continuously expanding our product offerings, while guaranteeing
responsive personal service and same-day shipping.As our customers'
business grows, we grow with them. PTSolutions offers a variety of
customizable, advanced inventory options that reduces overspending
& overhead and brings our customers to the next level. PTSolutions
conducts on-site evaluations and provides training programs to help
our customers improve their manufacturing process and reduce costs.
From VMI to procurement, PTSolutions is a full-service provider
that will be with our customers every step of the way.We're looking
for a Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) Specialist to join our team.
Working as a VMI Specialist, you will play a pivotal role with
supporting our customers' manufacturing process & capabilities. We
will provide the training needed for you to effectively &
efficiently install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair the tool &
MRO industrial vending machines that are located in our customers'
manufacturing facilities. The VMI Specialist can effectively
support our customers from either our Des Moines area or Quad
Cities area facilities or from a home office. Installations,
inventory replenishments, and some hands-on repairs will require an
onsite visit. The customer territory you will be responsible for is
in the Central Iowa/Western Illinois region.Why join the
- Work Remotely with a Flexible Schedule & No Weekends!
- Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, and Attendance Awards
- Competitive Pay with Overtime eligibility
- Company Car/Monthly Allowance and Company Phone/Monthly
- Growth opportunity locally & nationally (we promote from
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) with Company Match
- PPO Medical, Vision, and Company Paid Dental
- Company Paid Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life
- Voluntary Employee/Spouse/Child Life Insurance; Accident,
Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness Insurance
- Uniform shirts provided
- Check out our website for more information!
https://www.pts-tools.com/If your experience aligns with the
description below and you're ready to be a part of a growing team
and a true partner to our customers, then click Apply Now!
Placement will occur ASAP.POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up, program, and troubleshoot tool & MRO industrial vending
- Answer and respond to multiple calls daily while creating &
logging service tickets.
- Regularly maintain an accurate inventory for each machine at
each customer; remotely via the communicated machine data & onsite
- Communicate with all customer personnel in a timely,
professional, and courteous manner.
- Quickly respond to customer demand for replenishment &
additional product lines in their VMI programs.
- Maintain quality service levels and process efficiencies while
providing for continuous departmental improvements.
- Effectively coordinate with local Field Sales, Sales Manager,
and VMI Manager regarding customer accounts & best practices.
- Assist with other projects & duties when the business needs
- Travel: 50% (daytime only; no overnights)
- Must be age 21+ in order to drive a company vehicle
- Valid driver's license with clean driving recordKNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION:
- Plans and organizes tasks & work responsibilities to achieve
goals and objectives while remaining calm & professional under
- Self-directed and possesses a high level of productivity and
- Customer-centric attitude and a desire to grow with &
contribute to customer-focused company
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and
interpersonal are required
- Strong problem solving and deductive reasoning skills
- Mechanically inclined with a keen focus on the details; enjoy
taking things apart & accurately putting them back together
- Proficient use of a Windows computer, Microsoft Office &
- High School Diploma or GED EquivalencyPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to lift, slide, and lower packages that typically weigh
up to 50lbs
- Frequent twisting, bending, standingThis job description is not
intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform
other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the Company.This
position is based in either our Ankeny, IA or Eldridge, IA
facilities, so only candidates residing in those areas will be
considered. Must be authorized to work in the United
States.Berkshire Production Supply LLC provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to
all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Keywords: PTSolutions, Cedar Rapids , Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) Specialist, Professions , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!