Line Lead - Material Handler II - 2nd Shift
Company: New Leader Manufacturing
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Line Lead - Material Handler II will provide
leadership for the facility on both direct and indirect labor.
Models policies and procedures; and recommends improvements in
production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working
conditions. When performing direct duties, the Line Lead Material
Handler II will perform general labor tasks in association with
movement of material and assist with various assembly/fabrication
work as required. The Line Lead Material Handler II will ensure
that material needed to keep all machines running are fulfilled and
storage solutions for fabricated parts are identified and made
available. This position is also required to help fabrication areas
with unloading material, deburring parts, and running the machine
to ensure demand is fulfilled.This position requires both direct
labor producing product and indirect labor consisting of
administrative, training, quality or other duties. The ratio
between the direct and indirect labor will likely vary. Key
- Looks ahead at upcoming schedules and recognizes potential
needs in parts, equipment, and labor resources and provides status
updates to supervisor.
- Recommends measures to decrease inventory and labor costs,
improve efficiency, and leads efforts to implement those
- Pulls parts accurately, reports work orders, stages material
for other shifts.
- Performs various general labor roles as needed up to and
including unloading material, deburring parts, and running
production machines. Productivity / Job Knowledge 20%
- Act as primary point of contact for the facility on 2nd Shift
(internal and external). Communicates with Maintenance, Management,
or Emergency contacts as required. Secures the facility at the end
- Is responsible for ensuring the proper protocol is followed for
safety incidents and injuries. This also includes emergency
situations and evacuations (Fire, Intruder, Hazardous Spill, Bomb
- Sends nightly email communication to designated 1st shift
- Tracks and measures progress against all defined plant
- Works to pull parts accurately as called out in the Work
Orders, on-time or ahead of schedule, and stages materials for
other shifts as needed, while adhering to Material Handler standard
operating procedures to maintain consistency across all work
- Checks identification of materials to be moved,
cross-references with production schedule or shipping schedule and
safely moves to required location. Reports inconsistencies or
problems to supervisor.
- Performs on-going safety walk-through and audits of work area
to ensure that employees are aware of all company safety rules and
procedures and enforces safety policies. Dependability 15%
- Demonstrates a good attendance record; is aware of the impact
that missing work will have on the customer as well as
- Completes goals/projects on time or ahead of schedule.
- Responds to work assignments and requests by being cooperative
- Follows through and meets commitments.
- Available as a resource to subordinates and/or peers.Safety 10%
- Follows safety procedures, protocols, policies, and adheres to
all SAFESTART concepts, and acts when others are not holding
themselves accountable.Total 100%CORE VALUESAct Like an Owner. 20%
- Leads by example and takes ownership in everything you do and
- If you see something, say something and follow through until
- Treats others with respect and kindness.Be Interested. Stay
- Isn't complacent. Seizes opportunities to learn by
participating in activities to increase understanding.Create
Change. Start With Yourself. 20%
- Asks "why", is open-minded, and challenges the status quo.
- Leads and supports changes for the sake of improvement.Seek New
- Seeks new perspectives from all available sources to challenge
your own, and brings them into your decision making process.
- Involves all stakeholders in making decisions. Is open to input
from all sources.Fail Fast. Learn Fast. 20%
- Considers long and short-term outcomes when making
- Is fearless.
- Readily admits mistakes.Total 100%RequirementsQualifications
and Essential Skills:
- Two years prior Lead experience in a manufacturing environment
strongly preferred. In absence of prior supervisory experience,
candidate should be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills as
evidenced through successfully leading projects or other
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required. College
coursework, including an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in
business or technical field, preferred.
- Three + years of related material handling or inventory control
- Previous forklift, truck/trailer experience, required
- Ability to read tape measure up to 1/32", and ability to
interpret dial caliper measurements and hand tools as needed.
- Intermediate computer skills are required; must be able to use
computer systems to look-up information, clock-in/clock-out, and
report work activities. Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel is
required, and Microsoft Outlook is preferred.
- Good math skills are required; ability to add, subtract,
multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers,
common fractions, and decimals.
- ERP experience is preferred.
- Available to work occasional weekends /overtime.Physical
Requirements:The physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.While performing the essential duties of this
job, the employee is frequently required to stand; up to 8 hours in
an 8-hour shift. The employee will frequently lift 50 pounds and
occasionally lift up to 100 pounds. The employee will push/pull
with up to 110 pounds of force. The employee frequently is required
to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; sit, stoop, kneel, crouch,
walk, or crawl. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently
required to balance, climb ladders, or work on platforms to access
elevated equipment. Regularly required to sit and interface with
computer systems while maintaining high level of concentration.Work
Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or
airborne particles, and vibration, and occasionally exposed to risk
of electrical shock. Employee may be exposed to hazardous
chemicals. Employee is required to wear steel toed shoes, gloves,
and safety glasses. The noise level in the plant shop environment
is moderately loud. May prepare hazardous waste for shipment off
site and participates in annual hazardous waste training.
Keywords: New Leader Manufacturing, Cedar Rapids , Line Lead - Material Handler II - 2nd Shift, Professions , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!