Industrial Maintenance Technician
Company: Stryten Manufacturing
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Position available in Manchester, Iowa - $2,500 sign-on bonus!!
Starting pay rate = $28.55 per hour and shift differential of
$0.40. RELOCATION ASSISTANCE PROVIDEDApplicants MUST be available
to work third shift (6 p.m. - 6 a.m.)Stryten Energy is currently
looking to fill an Industrial Maintenance Technician position at
our manufacturing facility in Manchester, Iowa. Successful
candidates must have mechanical and or electrical skills. Be able
to build, calibrate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair equipment
to meet or exceed production goals set forth each day. Will work
with other maintenance technicians and operators in a team based
manufacturing environment.About the work location:Manchester is a
city in Delaware County, Iowa, United States, located along the
Highway 20 corridor between Dyersville and Independence. Delaware
County is centrally located just 45 minutes from some of Iowa's
biggest hubs (Cedar Rapids, Waterloo, and Dubuque) - but you don't
need to go far to find excitement. Delaware County is home to
several golf courses, parks, museums, retail shops, a movie
theatre, festivals and fairs, water sport recreational areas, and
evening entertainment. Delaware County offers successful academics
programs in three community school districts and a critical access
hospital to provide healthcare close to home.To learn more about
Manchester, Iowa (postal code 52057) - click the links below:
Willing to relocate? Relocation bonus available!Stryten offers a
strong benefit package that includes the following:
- Medical, prescription, dental and vision plans
- Short-term, long term disability and employee life
- 401(k) plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid HolidaysApply online or text plantjobs to 97211 to begin
your pre-screening process! Responsibilities
- Start machines and observe mechanical operation to determine
efficiency and to detect problems.
- Read work orders and specifications to determine machines and
equipment requiring repair or maintenance.
- Inspect or test damaged machine parts, and mark defective areas
or advise supervisors of repair needs.
- Dismantle machines and remove parts for repair
- Reassemble machines after the completion of repair or
- Follow and enforce all safety rules, including but not limited
to Lock Out/Tag Out (LOTO) procedures
- Hold blood lead levels low by adhering to good safety
- Provide ideas/solutions to equipment improvement and
participate on miscellaneous improvement teams.
- Communicate with coworkers to coordinate installations or
- Perform other duties as assigned by management. Qualifications
- Continuous standing, lifting, bending, and twisting
- Occasionally required to work in extreme environmental
conditions (hot, cold, humid)
- Must wear personal protective equipment such as gloves,
respirator, safety glasses, and steel toed shoes, hearing
protection, etc., as outlined in established department PPE
- Must be able to do some heavy lifting.Equipment Used:
- Small hand tools, control panels, data collection
equipment.Education, Experience, Skills Required:
- Must achieve passing score on pre-employment assessment
- Previous manufacturing, industrial or military experience.
- Computer literate.
- Demonstrated proficiency in understanding hydraulic, pneumatic,
mechanical and electrical operations.
- Extensive troubleshooting skills and be familiar with:
- soft start equipment
- motor starters
- motors up to 450 HP
- lighting controls
- 480 volt 3 phase expertise.
- General machine and equipment repair experience EEO Statement
Stryten Energy is an equal opportunity employer where an
applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran
status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other basis prohibited by law. About Statement
Stryten Energy () is an innovative stored energy solutions provider
with The Energy to Challenge the status quo in transportation,
motive and network power industries. We invest in and develop the
energy storage technologies that give our customers the competitive
advantage they need to be successful and achieve their goals for
growth and profitability.How do we challenge? We are
customer-focused, quality-centered and environmentally responsible
with the health and safety of our employees at the center of
everything we do.Our stored energy solutions power everything from
forklifts in warehouses and distribution centers to cars, trains
and trucks to data centers and vast telecom networks. In addition
to manufacturing high-quality advanced lead and lithium batteries
and intelligent chargers, we design cloud-based software for smart
fleet design decisions.
Keywords: Stryten Manufacturing, Cedar Rapids , Industrial Maintenance Technician, Professions , Manchester, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!