Material Handler/Shop Support
Company: Tipton Structural Fabrication
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Tipton Structural Fabrication, Inc is a fabrication facility of
structural steel and miscellaneous metals which include beams and
columns, metal stairs, railings, and ladders for the construction
industry. Some of our projects include: U of I Kinnick Stadium
North Stands in Iowa City, PCI Medical Pavilion II in Cedar Rapids
and Tyson's Material Handling Expansion in Waterloo.
Tipton Structural Fabrication, Inc. Offers Competitive Wages Based
We have an immediate Full and Part-Time openings for Material
Handler / Shop Support at our Tipton and Cedar Rapids
This position is responsible for performing a variety of duties in
receiving and shipping raw materials and finished product. This
position works closely with Inventory Control to keep inventory up
to date and organized.
Material Handler/Shop Support Duties:
- Unload and stock all raw material
- Verify quality, quantities, and heat numbers
- Assign yard locations for Inventory Control
- Stage material for Python and Saw
- Clean steel as requested
- Keep all outside inventory current and organized
- Load trucks for customer delivery or Tipton deliveries
- Generate delivery paperwork of what is being delivered to
- Work with Inventory Control on shipments and inventory
- Receive material in Tekla, print barcodes and apply barcodes to
- Fill in for deliveries as needed
- Sweep area and maintain safe working conditions as
- Demonstrate a commitment to process and quality
- Demonstrate commitment to teamwork
- Uphold, support, and promote all company policies, procedures,
- Stay current with changes in industry and position
Material Handler / Shop Support Requirements:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variable in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to stand/walk over 75% of work time and lift/move up to
- Valid driver's license.
- Forklift certification (or pass within 6 months).
Tipton Structural Fabrication, Inc. offers a group benefits package
including; health, dental, vision, disability (short and
long-term), 401(k) with employer matching contributions, and paid
vacation and holidays.
Do you take pride in producing a high-quality product? Do you enjoy
working with the latest equipment? Do you prefer a family friendly
organization with a positive culture and the ability to have flex
time to attend school/family events? Then come join Tipton
Structural Fabrication located in Tipton, Iowa.
Keywords: Tipton Structural Fabrication, Cedar Rapids , Material Handler/Shop Support, Professions , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!