Company: City of Coralville
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Under general supervision, operate city buses on assigned
routes, collect fares; provide transit system information and other
transit related information. GENERAL DUTIES
- Operate passenger buses over a system of routes.
- Operate according to time schedules.
- Collect fares.
- Issues and receives route transfer slips.
- Provides information to passengers concerning the transit route
system, the city
- Street system, points of interest, public buildings, business
locations, and specific route time schedules.
- Completes route trip sheets.
- Assumes responsibility for safe operation of coach and reports
any malfunctions, defects, or accidents.
- Checks basic items, such as tires, water, and oil before taking
bus on route.
- Performs routine maintenance checks during operation necessary
to proper operation of bus.
- At the end of daily route, fills bus with fuel and logs gallons
used if necessary.
- Completes daily records as requested by operations
- Performs other related duties as requested by the operations
- Trains new personnel in accordance with established training
- Any combination equivalent to graduation from high school and
one year experience in the operation of equipment comparable to a
transit system bus.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of vehicle operation, methods, regulations, and
- Ability to safely operate public transportation equipment.
- Ability to learn transit routes and to maintain route
- Ability to maintain effective public relations.
- Willingness to accept training in the areas of transit
operations, procedures, planning and new techniques.
- License and/or Status
- Possession of a valid chauffeur's license as issued by the
State of Iowa. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ability to read, speak, write, hear and understand English to
effectively communicate with citizens, City Council and employees
by telephone, in written form or through face-to-face contact.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working
relationships with other employees and the public.
- Ability to bend, stoop, climb and otherwise move about the job
site for the performance of assigned duties.
- Ability to operate department's equipment including driving
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other
individuals in the workplace or citizens encountered during
- Possess the intellectual ability, judgement, stamina, and
coordination necessary to normally complete daily assigned tasks
within the workday.
Keywords: City of Coralville, Cedar Rapids , Bus Driver, Professions , Coralville, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!