CDL Class B Truck Driver
Company: Construction Supply Group (CSG)
Posted on: May 5, 2021
CDL Class B Truck Driver
White Cap Supply Holdings, LLC ("White Cap") and Construction
Supply Group ( CSG ) announce today the successful separation of
White Cap from HD Supply and its combination with CSG. The combined
transaction, valued at approximately $4 billion and including an
investment by Clayton, Dubilier & Rice ( CD&R ) funds, creates
the leading North American distributor of a diverse mix of concrete
accessories and specialty construction and safety products by
revenues with more than $4 billion annually. Our Stetson business
is seeking the following talent in Cedar Rapids, IA:
This position is responsible for the safe, timely and accurate
delivery of product to our customers and is accountable to branch
leadership. Will also be asked to help out in warehouse when
deliveries are not on schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate trucks/vehicles in the delivery of products to
designated customer locations and job sites in a safe and efficient
manner in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
- Responsible to assemble and secure product to avoid possible
damage due to weather or road conditions.
- This includes but not limited to: forklift operations,
loading/unloading potentially heavy products and strapping down
material with ratchet strap system.
- Ensure and document that materials on the invoice have been
loaded and are complete (two-person check is required.)
- Unload product in a safe and efficient manner. Responsible for
care of materials, safety of self and others.
- Responsible to fill out the log book and process paperwork as
- Responsible to project good impression on customers and handle
customer complaints in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Responsible for performing general preventative maintenance
activities on delivery vehicles, including washing, fluid checks,
tire inspections, etc. Complete daily inspection checklist and
notify delivery manager of issues.
- Purchase truck fuel ensuring accurate mileage is noted at
- Know product location in warehouse and yard to assist in load
pulling and/or will calls.
- Attend monthly driver meetings and participate.
- Responsible for assigned safety equipment such as hard hats,
gloves, back belt, safety glasses, etc.
- Coach and help train non-CDL drivers to advance their
- Assist delivery manager in dispatching and/or assignment of
- Responsible to communicate and solicit feedback from outside
sales and inside sales.
- Make recommendations to delivery manager on improved processes
or procedures solicited from the drivers.
- Other duties assigned.
- 1 to 2 years CDL driving experience preferred (Class B
- Applicable state licensing requirements required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred
- Good communication skills
- Maintain your CDL
- Endorsements Needed: Air Brakes, Hazmat and Tanker
- Physical activity loading and unloading trucks, some heavy
lifting (Minimum 50 pounds)
CSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Keywords: Construction Supply Group (CSG), Cedar Rapids , CDL Class B Truck Driver, Professions , Marion, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!