Technician II (Equipment Service)-Overnights
Company: Integrated DNA Technologies
Posted on: May 5, 2021
IDT is the leading manufacturer of custom oligonucleotides and
proprietary technologies for genomics applications. Our work is
complex and cutting-edge, and our team members are curious,
creative thinkers who understand that good data drives smart
decisions. At IDT, we realize that although science may be uniform,
people are unique. We promote a culture where engaged people are
motivated and have opportunities to achieve their full potential,
as part of one global team. IDT is proud to work alongside a
community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together,
we're pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing
products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
Shift/Schedule: Weekday Overnights; Monday - Thursday 6:00PM-5:00AM
(may be subject to adjustment after COVID-19 shift segregation
precautions ends) Purpose statement: The Technician II performs
maintenance services on IDT's laboratory equipment including
preventative maintenance, reconditioning of IDT's laboratory
equipment, as well as addressing immediate operational maintenance
and/or safety concerns. This position also ensures that equipment,
tools, and materials are maintained. Essential Functions:
- Ensures operation of laboratory equipment by completing
preventive maintenance and troubleshooting equipment
- Follows Standard Operating Procedure and Work Instruction
documents while performing maintenance and assembly
- Fills out logs, reports and forms as required to document
service procedures and calibration data.
- Provides input to design staff regarding new equipment, and
constructive feedback regarding existing equipment, to streamline
troubleshooting and service requirements and to increase product
- Practices safe working habits, follows all IDT safety policies,
performs safety checks on equipment and systems. Identifies,
corrects and reports potential safety hazards.
- Reports issues to management.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control
- Detects source of problems by observing mechanical devices in
- Manages equipment downtime by informing production workers of
routine preventive maintenance.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and
communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Attends monthly department meetings.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA
Technologies Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Education:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associate's degree in Engineering or Maintenance related
program preferred. Professional Experience:
- Previous experience in a mechanically related field required.
Other Job Qualifications:
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Skill to using a soldering iron.
- Ability to follow diagrams, operations manuals, manufacturer's
instructions, and engineering specifications.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with customers,
employees, and all levels of management.
- Adaptability to performing under stress when confronted with
emergent, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or situation
in which working speed and sustained attention are make-or-break
aspects of the job.
- Adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing
from one task to another without loss of efficiency or
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and
cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Adaptability to accepting responsibility for the direction,
control or planning of an activity.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of
set limits, tolerances or standards.
- Adaptability to perform repetitive work or to perform
continuously the same work, according to set procedures sequence or
pace. Benefits What We Offer:
- Generous Paid Time Off Accruals
- 16 Hours PAID Volunteer Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Up to eight (8) weeks of 100% paid parental leave to eligible
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options Integrated DNA
Technologies (IDT) conducts drug screens and background checks on
applicants who accept employment offers. When you join us, you'll
also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 68,000 people
wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an
associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your
skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support
of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a
tested organization. Danaher is committed to a diverse and
inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices
are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives
they bring to every challenge, which is why we'll empower you to
push the boundaries of what's possible. If you've ever wondered
what's within you, there's no better time to find out. Danaher
Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity
employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to
race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status,
disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: Integrated DNA Technologies, Cedar Rapids , Technician II (Equipment Service)-Overnights, Professions , Coralville, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!