Information Technology Programmer Analyst II
Company: GreenState Credit Union
Location: North Liberty
Posted on: February 22, 2021
GreenState Credit UnionInformation Technology Programmer Analyst
IIUS-IA-North LibertyJob ID: 2Type: Exempt Full-Time# of Openings:
1Category: Information TechnologyGreenState Credit
UnionOverviewGreenState's Information Technology department adheres
to the corporate values and acts as a business partner who
understands the needs of the business, enables business units to
meet strategic objectives through technology, and provides
employees and members with quality technology platforms that are
always available, always relevant, and always scalable. The
Programmer/Analyst II contributes to the credit union by creating
new, and maintaining existing, production applications. The
position works closely with Business Application Services in
regards to development, analysis and troubleshooting. The
Programmer/Analyst II creates and provides efficient and
resourceful technology solutions. The solutions may be achieved by
integrating 3rd party applications or creating new programs in
house, or perhaps a blend of both. The end result of the technology
solutions will enable the credit union to meet or exceed various
business strategies. Salary range for this position is $74,767.50 -
$112,151.25 with a progressive benefit package.
ResponsibilitiesPerforms essential duties and responsibilities in
the following areas which may include, but are not limited to those
listed and are subject to change:
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values and Service Standards
in carrying out GreenState's mission and vision.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external)
focus at all times.
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in
the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures confidentiality of member information.
- Works alone and/or as part of a team to provide technical
support to project team members.
- Helps troubleshoot advanced and more complex concepts in
regards to project and programming support on host-based systems.
The support includes both business and non-business hours.
- Creates, modifies, and implements program applications, most of
which connect directly to the main host data processing system;
Many of the developed applications utilize proprietary development
tools provided by the host data processing vendor
- The position will dedicate time to up-front design and
architecture, attempting to reuse existing programming code when
- Leads peer code reviews and inspections for the purpose of
program optimization, especially on main frame program
- Possesses intermediate knowledge in regards to secure coding
concepts. Has knowledge of commonly used programming concepts,
practices and procedures and complies with all policies and
procedures outlined in the Information Technology Operations
- Maintains existing application infrastructure to include
troubleshooting problems, enhancement possibilities, and ensures
high availability of Systems Integration's responsible delivery
- Continuously looks at new ways of introducing process
improvement in all aspects of the development life cycle.
Performance, improved productivity, efficiencies, and optimization
are key measurements.
- Communication at all levels is key factor to the success of the
position. Technical documentation, emails, meetings, and client
updates are extremely important forms of communication.
- Consistent performance relating to accuracy, output, and
production are expected from this position.
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and
accomplish goals while performing a variety of tasks.
- Maintains a mid level degree of knowledge in regards to
programming and technical support gained through formal
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating
in community service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored
events, on an annual basis.Qualifications
- Associates degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field
with emphasis on application development, or Completion of a
specialized course of study in a related field at a business or
trade school, or Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house
training or apprentice program in a related field.
- Three years of equivalent experience; with emphasis on
application development with 2 years of proven work experience in a
- Experience with computer programming, application development,
and software lifecycles. Repgen/PowerOn, Symform, SharePoint,
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements
analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology
development, and data modeling.
- Financial industry experience strongly preferred.
- A moderate degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Demonstrated experience of understanding mid-level database,
including proprietary and/or structured or open relational
databases such as MS SQL
- Demonstrated experience with development tools, code
versioning, and program management
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of data standards (exchange and
- Demonstrated knowledge of data reporting concepts and
systemsReporting RelationshipReports to the Business Applications
Manager.Supervisory ResponsibilitiesThis position is not
responsible for the supervision of other employees.Equal
Opportunity Employment StatementGreenState Credit Union is an
EEO/AA Employer. M/F/Veteran/Disability. We strongly encourage
minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply
for openings with the credit union.
Keywords: GreenState Credit Union, Cedar Rapids , Information Technology Programmer Analyst II, Professions , North Liberty, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!