Local CDL A or CDL B Driver
Company: GANNON ROOFING SUPPLY - CEDAR RAPIDS
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: September 12, 2020
You are in the driver's seat with a career at Gannon Roofing
Supply, an SRS Distribution company. We are a leading wholesale
distributor of roofing and building materials and need Drivers to
grow our business. We are committed to the personal and
professional growth of our team members and we show this by having
a clear path of advancement for our Drivers with on-the-job and
web-based training for you to move up as a Driver or other
positions within the branch. You are also rewarded for your
SRS Distribution Inc. has the strongest national network of
independent roofing distributors with the most talented team of
people working together to deliver the industry's best products and
services. In addition to our commitment to customer focus, SRS
strives to become the preferred employer in the industry with
highly motivated and engaged employees operating in an
SRS believes in hiring military veterans at any level for any
position. We know your service trained you in many of the areas we
value, such as; leadership, teamwork, performance, integrity, and
safety. If your experience matches our requirements, we want you to
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
The primary duty of the Driver, which we call a Logistics
Specialist II, Senior Logistics Specialist or Lead Logistics
Specialist with or without Crane Operator, is to deliver building
materials to a customer's place of business or to a job site. The
primary vehicle used to accomplish this duty is a 24-foot flatbed
straight truck with a gross weight exceeding 26,001 lbs. A
hydraulic boom or articulating crane is attached to a truck to
accomplish the delivery of building materials to a customer's job
site. Tractor-trailers are also used on occasion. Logistics
Specialists II & Crane Operators operate within a maximum of a
200-mile radius of their home branch, with deliveries originating
and ending at the branch (no deliveries result in an overnight
stay). Logistics Specialists II & Crane Operator may have to load
and unload trucks using a Forklift, Moffett and/or other mechanical
- BE SAFE!
- Safely drive a commercial vehicle in compliance with all DOT
- Operate all equipment in accordance with local, state, and
federal laws at all times.
- Be a leader for job site safety.
- Act as the lead employee of the delivery crew and thus be
accountable for providing direction and guidance to Rooftop Loaders
and all other ground crew (if applicable).
- Perform pre-trip inspection by reviewing the prior day's DOT
- Load and unload building products that weigh up to 100 lbs. on
a continuous basis.
- Validate and confirm inventory loaded on the truck comparing
purchase orders and sign-off on delivery tickets.
- Confirm addresses on delivery tickets and ensure that routing
information is obtained prior to leaving the branch.
- Ensure load is properly and safely tied down in accordance with
- Conduct a job site inspection and document any existing damage
to lawn, landscaping or driveway, and the location of any power
lines, sprinklers, septic tanks, mailboxes, fences, etc.
- Capture pictures of all building products delivered in
accordance with Company Policy.
- Return all paperwork to designated branch personnel after every
return trip to Branch Office.
- Perform required DOT post-inspections on vehicle and provide
copy of post-inspection report to designated manager prior to the
end of the work shift.
- Ensure Management is notified of any equipment issues requiring
repairs or safety hazards.
Education and/or Experience
- Prefer high school graduate or GED and relevant work
- Prior experience operating a forklift or Moffett a plus.
- Knowledge of DOT & OSHA safety regulations for Logistic
Specialists a plus.
- Prior commercial driving experience a plus.
- Prior work experience within distribution a plus.
- Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate in
- Ability to effectively use electronic communications tools
(such as an iPhone or mobile electronic mobile device).
- Must be proactive, self-directed, and highly motivated.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and quickly adapt to changing
business needs and processes.
Required Licenses or Certifications
- Valid Class A or B Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
- Truck Crane Operation Certification a plus (As
- Telescopic Boom- Fixed Cab Certification a plus (As
- Boom Truck- Fixed Cab Certification a plus (As
- Articulating Boom Crane Certification a plus (As
- Must be a minimum 18 years of age. If crossing state lines or
transporting hazardous materials, then the minimum age is 21. These
two issues apply to very few of our positions.
- Must be a safe driver:
- No hit & runs in last 12 months.
- No DWI or DUI convictions within the last 12 months.
- One or more accidents and/or severe violations in the last year
will be reviewed by HR and Management.
- Must not have positive drug tests in the last 12 months.
- Must be a self-starter, dependable, and a team player.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or be authorized to work in the
- Must pass a required drug test and possess a current DOT
- Must pass an E-Verify Check.
- Ability to load and unload building products that weigh up to
100 lbs. each off of a straight bed truck on a continuous
- Standard warehouse and distribution center.
Gannon Roofing Supply - Cedar Rapids #0263
4850 J Street SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
Keywords: CDL A, CDL B, driver, commercial driver's license,
building products, job site, building materials, distributor,
distribution, touch freight, load, unload, commercial vehicle and
As an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, SRS Distribution
Inc. provides job opportunities to qualified individuals without
regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or
mental disability, familial or military status, in accordance with
applicable federal, state and local EEO laws. All candidates for
employment must successfully complete pre-employment drug testing
and background verification before employment is finalized.
Associated topics: class a driving, company driver needed, company
driver solo, company driving solo, company driving team, company
over the road, company truck driving, dedicated regional, dry van
otr trucking, over the road driving
Keywords: GANNON ROOFING SUPPLY - CEDAR RAPIDS, Cedar Rapids , Local CDL A or CDL B Driver, Professions , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!