Part Time - Animal Care Technician
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: March 26, 2020
This part time position is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa;
however, please expect receiving calls from a 952 area code in case
you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
The Animal Care Technician is part of a team responsible for new
product development, mode of action research, and technical support
at Diamond V's Research and Innovation Center (RIC) in Cedar
Rapids, Iowa. This position is responsible for performing daily
feeding, care, cleaning and record keeping to maintain the health
and environment of the agricultural animals on site and to support
Including, but not limited to the following. Other duties may be
assigned as needed.
- 85" of time spent performing morning, evening, weekend and
holiday chores on a rotating schedule with other Animal Care
- Duties include feeding livestock, handling livestock, cleaning
pens, maintaining and organizing barn and feed inventory areas,
recordkeeping, computer data entry and observing animals for any
- Trains to proficiency and performs all duties following
training, written SOPs and schedules.
- Completes established safety training program, scheduled
updates and maintains a safe work environment.
- 5" of time spent assisting with animal research studies
including sampling and handling biological materials (blood,
tissue, fecal, rumen) assisting with processing, shipping and
- 10" of time spent assisting with other studies, lab assays, lab
or office organization, janitorial, data entry, research archiving
and maintenance of safety data sheets.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on
possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party
- Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work
in a production facility.
- Must be able to read/write English.
- High School diploma or Equivalent.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including
bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, shoveling
and pounding with hammer.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as
extreme heat or cold.
- Ability to work in elevated areas
- Must be able to operate machinery.
- Must be able to operate heavy equipment.
- Ability to work holidays, nights, weekends or different
- Forklift certified.
- Prior experience in livestock handling, farm worker - can be
Keywords: CARGILL, Cedar Rapids , Part Time - Animal Care Technician, Professions , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!