Sr. Compliance Analyst
Company: UFG Insurance
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: March 25, 2020
UFG offers you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy,
financially stable company. While we've always known our commitment
to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others
recognize our dedicated efforts. We've been named an Iowa Top
Workplace by the Des Moines Register for four consecutive years,
and included on Forbes' "America's Most Trustworthy Financial
Companies" every year since 2014. Additionally, UFG is a
super-regional property and casualty insurer rated "A" (Excellent)
by A.M. Best Company. The Senior Compliance Analyst has an external
focus as company representative communicating with government
agencies and industry trade associations on legislative and
regulatory developments. Responsible for providing consultative
input to company leaders on legislative and regulatory issues and
priorities. Responsible for processes and practices that ensure
organizational compliance with governmental and industry regulatory
- Responsible in part for the development of programs, policies
and practices which ensure the organization complies with federal,
state, local, contractual and insurance carrier regulatory
- Coordinates key compliance functions affecting business units
and underwriting operations, including consumer complaint handling
oversight, coordination of and participation in market conduct
examinations/regulatory reviews and external audits, communication
and engagement with pertinent regulators, and collaboration with
internal audit function.
- Proactively identifies compliance risks and issues and
implements processes that improve Compliance objectives, some of
which are based on findings of internal audits, Compliance reviews
and assessments regulatory and market conduct examinations,
investigations, changes and/or industry trends as appropriate.
- Tracks Compliance issues from initial discovery through closure
- Evaluates and monitors new and changes to relevant laws and
regulations. Leads the regulatory change process by evaluating the
impact of these changes on filed forms and rates and communicating
to the relevant business units any necessary actions to become and
- Communicates on Compliance matters within the department, other
departments or outside parties, including regulators, trade groups
- Reviews and assists with developing Corporate Underwriting
Guidelines, and maintaining an up-to-date Underwriting
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance,
insurance, risk management or equivalent field, or an equivalent
combination of education and work experience in a related
- Graduate degree in business administration, finance or an
equivalent field helpful
- Industry designation(s) such as ARC, AINS, AU, CPCU
- 7+ years of related property and casualty insurance work
- 5+ years of related compliance and regulatory experience
requiredKnowledge, skills & abilities:
- Works with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to interact with associates at all levels of the
- Understanding of insurance-related regulatory compliance
practices, with a preference for specific insurance-related
- Demonstrated knowledge of insurance products and services.
- Well-developed interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written
communication skills with the ability to manage and prioritize
multiple projects efficiently and effectively.
- Nurtures commitment to common vision, shared values, and
demonstrates a strong commitment to organization success.
- Leads efforts to improve processes and best practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (especially excel and
word), Adobe, and all other pertinent business-related software
systems, including company-specific processing systems and
- Provides outstanding, best-in-class service to all business
units and corporate departments.
- Works well under tight deadlines and state-mandated effective
- Possesses excellent research skills and demonstrates
- Ability to effectively engage and advocate on behalf of the
company with respect to proposed industry legislation and in other
governmental affair-related forums, while networking through those
channels and through industry trade groups.
Keywords: UFG Insurance, Cedar Rapids , Sr. Compliance Analyst, Professions , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!