Company: World Class Industries Inc
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Mission: The mission of the Fabrication Supervisor is to identify,
manage, and schedule work orders across all facilities within WCI.
In this position, you will also complete fabrication work orders
for maintenance and new projects. Essential Functions:
- Alignment with Corporate Values: All World Class employees is
expected to perform their work in a manner that exhibits
understanding and adherence to the Company Mission and Core Values
of World Class Industries. Employees in management roles must
exhibit continual improvement along World-Class s Leadership
Traits. Further, each employee must read and adhere to corporate
policies and safety protocols.
- Understands and operates shop equipment including lathe, mill,
saw, drill press
- Reviews online work orders and schedules based on
- Reports out daily shop production per goal
- Accountable for maintaining 5S in shop (clean, neat and
- Communicates shop needs including person resources, machine
resources, shop equipment to project manager(s) and immediate
- Problem resolution to difficult fabrication/integration
- Actively communicates and interacts with Location
- Seeks and partners with outside resources for unique
capabilities not present in our shop
- Provide value add services to our internal and external
- Effective employees expected to actively participate in our WCI
industries cultural activities and responsibilities (which can
include) Supply Chain, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Engagement
within the organization. Education
- High school degree (Required)
- Associates degree in the applicable discipline (preferred)
- Previous fabricating experience in a professional shop
- Demonstrated leadership skills in shop role (Required) Physical
Requirements: Exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or
up-to a minimal amount frequently. Constant (67%-100% of work day)
- Reaching: extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: maintaining an upright position.
- Walking: moving about on foot to accomplish tasks.
- Lifting: raising objects from a lower to a higher position or
moving objects horizontally from position to position.
- Using Fingers/Grasping/Feeling: writing or otherwise working,
primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in
handling. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers or palm
and perceiving attributes of objects such as size, shape,
temperature or texture by touch.
- Bending: bending body downward and forward by bending spine at
the waist and/or bending leg; bending legs at knee to come to rest
- Pushing/Pulling: using upper extremities to press against
something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or
outward/using upper extremities to exert force in order to drag,
haul or tug objects in a sustained motion. Frequent (34-66% of work
- Sitting : to assume a position in which the weight is largely
supported by the buttocks, usually with the body vertical and the
- Hearing : perceiving the nature of sounds at normal range;
ability to receive detailed information through oral communication,
and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when
auscultating and percussing.
- Repetitive Motion : substantial movements (motion) of the
wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Intellectual/emotional requirements
- Adaptability to perform under stress when confronted with
critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or situation in which
working speed and sustained attention are make-or-break aspects of
- Adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing
from one task to another without loss of efficiency or
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and
cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Adaptability to accepting responsibility for the direction,
control or planning of an activity.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of
set limits, tolerances or standards. Visual Acuity:
- Work requires close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to read pertinent printed material and distinguish
- Ability to accurately read measurements on equipment.
- Ability to prepare and read written documentation; use of a
computer. About World Class Industries: WCI has grown from $50M in
annual sales to more than $250M in the last 10 years. During the
same period, we have added four new locations, bringing the total
up to seven, including one located internationally. That growth has
provided an opportunity to further expand our vision with our
customers and increase our capabilities.
Keywords: World Class Industries Inc, Cedar Rapids , Machinist Supervisor, Other , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!