Enterprise Information Architect
Company: United Fire Group
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Job ID 2019-2004# of Openings 1Job Locations US-IA-Cedar
RapidsPosted Date 2019-04-22Category Information TechnologyTravel
NoneCompany Car Provided NoOverview
UFG offers you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy,
financially stable company. While we've always known our commitment
to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others
recognize our dedicated efforts. We've been named an Iowa Top
Workplace by the Des Moines Register for four consecutive years,
and included on Forbes' "America's Most Trustworthy Financial
Companies" every year since 2014. Additionally, UFG is a
super-regional property and casualty insurer rated "A" (Excellent)
by A.M. Best Company.
The Enterprise Information Architect plays an integral role in
building a holistic view and roadmap of the company's enterprise
information strategy, processes, and assets. They will work with
stakeholders, both leadership and subject matter experts, to
develop, optimize and oversee conceptual and logical data systems
to provide recommendations on and strengthen the impact of business
information to be available and shared consistently across the
organization via the identification, definition and analysis of
data and analytics requirements in support of business strategies
and desired outcomes.
The role of the architect is to ensure that the business, analytics
and IT are in alignment and that the data infrastructure (hardware
and software) supports both current and future business objectives.
They will evaluate, recommend, and implement data and technology
assets to influence information strategy and maximize the value of
- Contribute to the building of long-term strategic roadmap for
all data assets and systems.
- Influence information strategy by providing recommendations
that maximize the value derived from information assets.
- Partner with business leadership, DBAs, and enterprise analysts
to envision data-enabled strategies in support of business
- Contribute to the building of a long-term strategic roadmap for
the effective governance of information processes and
- Create and use business capability models to visualize what
information matters most to the organization based on defined
- Enhance decision making by providing and communicating a
realistic future-state view of the information landscape.
- Create and manage business information models in all forms
including conceptual models, relational database designs, message
models and others.
- Enable enterprise information management by ensuring that
architecture is used as a lens to identify, prioritize and execute
the data and analytic initiatives with clear line of sight to
enterprise strategies and business outcomes.
- Secure data and analytic assets by assisting with the analysis
of data security requirements and solutions in cooperation with the
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business, or related
- 7+ years of experience in IT, with at least two years in
information system design.
- In-depth experience designing and implementing information
- Extensive hands-on experience implementing database structure
systems to support data mining.
- Three to five years' experience as a data analyst is highly
- Demonstrated Experience with business process and performance
modeling, benchmarking and financial analysis
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus among many
- Experience with waterfall, agile and a hybrid of methodology
- Experience with the Guidewire platform is a plus.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Experience with innovation and ideation methods, such as design
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and
short-term perspectives of situations.
- Business domain, data/content and process understanding
- Data modeling and information classification expertise at the
- Understanding of common information architecture frameworks and
- Understanding of metamodels, taxonomies and ontologies, as well
as of the challenges of applying structured techniques (data
modeling) to less-structured sources.
- Familiarity with data science concepts, as well as MDM,
business intelligence, and data warehouse design and implementation
- Ability to analyze project, program and portfolio needs, as
well as determine the resources needed to achieve objectives and
overcome cross-functional barriers
- Ability to establish, implement and enforce appropriate IT
standards to meet business requirements
- Business acumen, and the ability to communicate to executives,
business stakeholders and technical staff alike
- Effective conceptualization, pattern recognition and teaming
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities paired with
outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of architecture industry trends
- Knowledge or experience within the Insurance industry
- Display intellectual curiosity and integrity.
Keywords: United Fire Group, Cedar Rapids , Enterprise Information Architect, Other , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!