Total Loss Specialist
Company: United Fire Group
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Total Loss SpecialistUS-IA-Cedar RapidsJob ID: 2019-2077Type:
Regular Full-Time# of Openings: 1Category: ClaimsCedar
RapidsOverviewUFG offers you an award-winning workplace and a
trustworthy, financially stable company. While we've always known
our commitment to employees and financial stewardship, it is good
to have others recognize our dedicated efforts. We've been named an
Iowa Top Workplace by the Des Moines Register for four consecutive
years, and included on Forbes' "America's Most Trustworthy
Financial Companies" every year since 2014. Additionally, UFG is a
super-regional property and casualty insurer rated "A" (Excellent)
by A.M. Best Company. The total loss specialist investigates,
negotiates and concludes by settlement or denial assigned total
loss claims through telephone, personal contact, and/or written
correspondence. These duties are performed consistent with company
claims' policies and procedures within prescribed authority and
standards of performance. This position can be located in one of
our regional offices OR can be a remote work arrangement.
- Investigates, evaluates, negotiates and settles moderately
complex total loss claims within assigned territory and authority
- Primary handling and settlement of total loss lines referred to
the unit by field and telephone claim representatives. This
includes commercial and private passenger vehicles and
- Gathers appropriate documentation to support the claimed
damages through phone/email contact with customers, vendors, and
police departments (includes estimates, proof of ownership/value,
required company forms, reports, invoices, etc).
- Reviews damage documentation to determine loss amount.
Negotiates settlements based on documentation presented, vendor
contact/discussions, personal knowledge and experience, customer
discussions and policy language.
- Properly manage Total Loss settlement process and rental
expenses by working closely with appraisers, rental facilities,
body shops, and salvage vendors. Includes managing deductibles and
- Communicates with policyholders, witnesses, and claimants in
order to gather pertinent information regarding claim.
- Updates files and provide comprehensive reports as required.
Ensure accurate and timely completion of relevant fields in ACC,
including notes Facilitate accurate and timely ISO/NMVTIS
- Implement the handling of property salvage referred to the unit
by field and telephone claim representatives.
- Collection of total loss documents required for equitable
disposal of salvage. Processing releases, state forms, and all
forms applicable to the handling of total loss claims.
- Monitoring and management of assigned salvage.
- Ensures compliance with company, state and federal
- Obtain and maintain relevant designations and continuing
- Obtain and maintain relevant state level adjuster
- Associate's Degree in business, finance or related field
- Bachelor's degree in business finance or related field
- Associate's in Claims (AIC) or Associates in General Insurance
(AINS) or Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPUC) preferred.
AIC to be obtained within 3 years.Experience:
- Minimum of one year of auto physical damage claims experience
which includes total losses requiredKnowledge, skills & abilities:
- Understanding of commercial and personal auto policy language
- Ability to interpret and apply written coverage accurately to
establish claim and determine an action plan
- Obtain/maintain appropriate state licensing or educational
- Damage evaluation and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook,
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts and empathize with customers is
- Strong negotiation skills
- Minimal travel may be required PI113570076
Keywords: United Fire Group, Cedar Rapids , Total Loss Specialist, Other , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!