Senior Platform Systems Engineer - Fixed Wing
Company: Collins Aerospace
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: August 14, 2019
Date Posted:2019-07-09-07:00Country:United States of
AmericaLocation:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar
Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USAAt Collins Aerospace, were dedicated to
relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry all to
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies
Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems were
driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and
intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day
we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter,
safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys,
reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all
with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information
management solutions for commercial and military customers across
the world. That means were helping passengers reach their
destination safely. Were connecting aircraft operators, airports,
rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service
solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries
connected and informed. And were providing industry-leading fire
protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when
it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable
experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and
reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team
today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course,
that wouldnt be possible without the capabilities and technologies
of our organization, as well as our engineers a highly skilled,
accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries
and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the
aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new
challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and
motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers
and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to
join a global, diverse organization that doesnt shy away from big
opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create
the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values
intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we
will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where
we will work to find a way the right way to achieve what others can
only dream of.
The ideal candidate will join our Fixed Wing Platform Systems team.
In this role, you will be a part of the platform systems
engineering team performing tasks associated with the design,
development, and integration of various system and subsystem
components for use on fixed wing aircraft and/or avionics
The team performs the aircraft platform systems engineering tasks
associated with the design, development and integration of various
system / subsystem applications, for use on US Government
The initial assignment for this position will be primarily platform
systems test development, requirements capture, and execution for
systems engineering tasks supported by the team.
- Provide technical support to the platform systems engineering
team during all phases of the project development.
- Interfacing with supporting system and subsystem engineers, and
domain engineers through requirements capture, functional and
integration testing, and delivery support.
- Interacting with customers to define/capture requirements, and
translating operational concepts into system level requirements and
- Capture, analyze, decompose, model and create requirements for
systems, product or sub-systems of moderate complexity.
- Create and execute verification / validation testing for
products and subsystems of moderate complexity and contribute to
- Contribute to the development of functional, interface and
performance specifications for hardware and software
- Contribute to architecturally significant requirements and
technical risk area identification.
- Estimate, track, own and report project technical, cost and
schedule aspects for assigned scope of work.
- Decisions may have moderate impact on cost, schedule, and
- Understand and utilize internal processes, methods and tools
for systems development and documentation efforts.
- Act as a mentor to more-junior engineers in additional areas
including project execution.
- Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelors degree and
five years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and
three years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card
- Aircraft and / or avionics verification-related experience,
preferably in platform systems.
- Knowledge of current systems engineering tools (DOORS,
- Understanding of the Systems Engineering (SE) process and the
Technical Consistent Process (TCP).
Key skills for success:
- Must excel working in a team environment and establishing
collaborative relationships with coworkers.
- Well organized and able to communicate effectively with team
members, leadership, and customers.
- Must have the desire to participate on a results-oriented
engineering team, be highly motivated, and be self directed.
- Experience with avionics Flight2 architecture
- Understanding of basic aircraft / cockpit instrumentation and
- Knowledge of Lean-Agile principles.
- Experience with DOORS / JAMA, Clearquest / JIRA and Python
- Desirable to have knowledge of the KC-10 platform and / or FAA
/ civil certification.
- Examples - ARP-4754A, DO-297, and DO-178B standards.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless
possibility. And the bonds we form with our customers and with each
other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and
separate employer retirement contribution
Life insurance and disability coverage
Apply now and be part of the team thats redefining aerospace, every
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Keywords: Collins Aerospace, Cedar Rapids , Senior Platform Systems Engineer - Fixed Wing, Other , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!