Member Service Associate
Company: University of Iowa Community Credit Union
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: April 14, 2019
OverviewUICCU, a progressive, growing company, is now taking
applications for a Member Service Associate. This position is
responsible for acquiring, expanding, and enriching member
relationships, while providing service in an exceptional manner. In
this role you will cross-sell and provide credit union products and
services to new and existing members, with referrals to appropriate
departments when necessary. The successful candidate will be an
independent, outgoing individual who will constantly strive to be
number one. UICCU is proud to offer a Bilingual Pay Program for
qualifying applicants. Pay range for this hourly position is
$14.66-$21.99 with a monthly incentive opportunity and a
progressive benefits package.ResponsibilitiesPerforms essential
duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may
include, but are not limited to those listed and are subject to
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values in serving with
truth, trust, mentoring, openness, risk-taking, communication,
giving credit, integrity, caring, and respect in carrying out the
UICCU's mission and vision.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external)
focus at all times, using their name, and thanking them for their
- The MUST philosophy:
- Make eye contact;
- Use their name or acknowledge their presence;
- Thank them for their business.
- Acts as part of a cohesive team, demonstrating excellent
interpersonal skills and the ability to interact positively with
- Make weekly outbound service calls to members.
- Ensures confidentiality of member account records and account
information. Request identification whenever necessary and provide
account information to only those members listed as primary or
- Provides personalized, professional service to all members in
an exceptional manner, seeking out opportunities to exceed member
- Performs any and all aspects of the MSR position as detailed in
the MSR Job Description. This includes the ability to accurately
balance a cash drawer on a daily basis and a firm understanding of
all credit union policies and procedures for cash handling, check
handling, and identification.
- Builds member relationships by recognizing their financial
needs and meeting those needs with the appropriate UICCU product
and service, or referring them to the specialized department
(Wealth Management, Commercial, Mortgage, etc.) to be served.
- Provides consistent follow through.
- Services and promotes all credit union deposit products and
- Utilizes appropriate resources to resolve routine and complex
member problems accurately, professionally, and in a timely
- Participates in promotions, contests, blitzes, staff meetings,
calling efforts, and other departmental activities which support
- Processes credit applications within the scope of CU lending
guidelines and policies
- Sells debt protection and other loan protection products
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of all federal regulations and
procedures concerning deposit and consumer loan regulations.
- Performs successful outbound sales calling to existing and
potential members and reviews loans and member files to develop and
place additional services. Answers incoming phone calls and assists
members with their requests
- Keeps abreast of all credit union deposit product and procedure
- Performs vault duties including cash ordering, balancing,
drawer audits, scheduling, and other duties as assigned.
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating
in community service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored
events on an annual basis. Qualifications
- Must have at least one year of similar or related experience or
six months in a MSR role with knowledge of all credit union
accounts and products with proven ability to handle a wide variety
of functions quickly and accurately.
- High energy and sales ability and interpersonal skills to
represent the credit union in a positive and professional manner
during member contact.
- Accuracy in the handling of cash and recording daily
transactions Exceptional member service skills including above
average listening, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize work assignments and
organize work efficiently. Must demonstrate good time management
skills to meet established deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with related computer applications, spreadsheets,
word processing, and database applications.
- Thorough knowledge of consumer loan policies, credit granting
criteria, interest rates and how they are computed, and required
documentation for each type of consumer loan and savings
- Proven interviewing skills and techniques.
- Must be self-motivated, exercise sound judgment, and be able to
- Ability to use and understand written material.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- Member account problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and effective working
relationships with co-workers.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and exercise sound
- Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and
works overtime as necessitated by business demand
- High school diploma or the equivalent (i.e. GED).
- Must be bondable.
- Must be registered pursuant to requirements of the S.A.F.E
Keywords: University of Iowa Community Credit Union, Cedar Rapids , Member Service Associate, Other , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!