Senior Systems Engineer
Company: Butler America Aerospace L.L.C.
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: January 16, 2019
SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER
LOCATION: CEDAR RAPIDS, IA
DURATION: 1 YEAR+
Become part of the exciting Government Systems Communication Products Organization. As a Senior Systems engineer, there are opportunities for capturing customer requirements, design & development for leading-edge solutions, integration and test verification, as well as working product support during manufacturing of our next generation of Communication Products. These products cover the entire RF spectrum bands. Our Client's products are on various military airborne, sea and ground platforms.
The candidate must have a demonstrated understanding of the systems engineering development process and potentially lead or participate in all phases of the process to develop our next generation of communication products. Key phases of the process include: system requirements analysis & definition, integration, verification testing and onsite support. Effective technical collaboration among systems, hardware and software design is essential.
The following candidate characteristics are required or highly desirable:
* Knowledge of communications engineering fundamentals including: general radio transceiver architectures/designs, basic radio functional component blocks, performance specifications and test methodologies
* Demonstrated system requirements capture, design, and decomposition ability
* Understanding of system validation and verification processes for communications systems
* Experience using engineering lab equipment: oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers and signal generators is required
* Demonstrated ability to plan project level work and meet schedule, cost, and performance goals
* Ability to effectively manage program technical risks by evaluating requirements and design aspects
* Ability to effectively interact directly with engineering management and design teams
* Communicate effectively with Program Management, Business Development and Sales teams
* Understanding of manufacturing build, test, quality and customer acceptance review processes
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Ability to represent company for system engineering at internal and external customer meetings
* Serve as liaison between functional discipline groups and internal and external customers
* Ability to travel occasionally to domestic and international locations
****CANDIDATES MUST HAVE THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN A DOD SECURITY CLEARANCE. DESIRED: ACTIVE CLEARANCE***
Advantageous skills include:
* Demonstrated program pursuit and capture ability (concept development, technical writing and work estimation)
* Familiarity with military concepts of operations
* Domain knowledge of commercial and/or military net-centric wireless communications waveforms & protocols
* Acquainted with radio performance standards (military, commercial, FAA)
* User of systems engineering tools for requirements capture, behavioral modeling/simulation (e.g. UML modeling with use-cases and sequence diagrams), peer reviews, configuration and change management
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Butler America Aerospace L.L.C., Cedar Rapids , Senior Systems Engineer, Other , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!