Total Loss Specialist
Company: United Fire Group
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: November 18, 2018
OverviewUFG offers you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy, financially stable company. While weve always known our commitment to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others recognize our dedicated efforts. We've been named an Iowa Top Workplace by the Des Moines Register for four consecutive years, and included on Forbes Americas Most Trustworthy Financial Companies every year since 2014. Additionally, UFG is a super-regional property and casualty insurer rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company. The total loss specialist investigates, negotiates and concludes by settlement or denial assigned total loss claims through telephone, personal contact, and/or written correspondence. These duties are performed consistent with company claims policies and procedures within prescribed authority and standards of performance. Responsibilities
- Investigates, evaluates, negotiates and settles moderately complex total loss claims within assigned territory and authority limits.
- Primary handling and settlement of total loss lines referred to the unit by field and telephone claim representatives. This includes commercial and private passenger vehicles and equipment.
- Gathers appropriate documentation to support the claimed damages through phone/email contact with customers, vendors, and police departments (includes estimates, proof of ownership/value, required company forms, reports, invoices, etc).
- Reviews damage documentation to determine loss amount. Negotiates settlements based on documentation presented, vendor contact/discussions, personal knowledge and experience, customer discussions and policy language.
- Properly manage Total Loss settlement process and rental expenses by working closely with appraisers, rental facilities, body shops, and salvage vendors. Includes managing deductibles and policy limits.
- Communicates with policyholders, witnesses, and claimants in order to gather pertinent information regarding claim.
- Updates files and provide comprehensive reports as required. Ensure accurate and timely completion of relevant fields in ACC, including notes Facilitate accurate and timely ISO/NMVTIS reporting. Updates
- Implement the handling of property salvage referred to the unit by field and telephone claim representatives.
- Collection of total loss documents required for equitable disposal of salvage. Processing releases, state forms, and all forms applicable to the handling of total loss claims.
- Monitoring and management of assigned salvage.
- Ensures compliance with company, state and federal regulations.
- Obtain and maintain relevant designations and continuing education.
- Obtain and maintain relevant state level adjuster licenses. QualificationsEducation:
- Associates Degree in business, finance or related field required
- Bachelors degree in business finance or related field preferred
- Associates in Claims (AIC) or Associates in General Insurance (AINS) or Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPUC) preferred. AIC to be obtained within 3 years. Experience:
- Minimum of one year of auto physical damage claims experience which includes total losses requiredKnowledge, skills & abilities:
- Understanding of commercial and personal auto policy language and endorsements
- Ability to interpret and apply written coverage accurately to establish claim and determine an action plan
- Obtain/maintain appropriate state licensing or educational requirements
- Damage evaluation and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts and empathize with customers is critical
- Strong negotiation skills
- Minimal travel may be required
Keywords: United Fire Group, Cedar Rapids , Total Loss Specialist, Other , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!