Trailer Mechanic- 1 yr EXP Req'd
Company: J.B. Hunt
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Under routine supervision, this position is responsible for
performing intermediate level maintenance, service, and repair of
J.B. Hunt trailers, containers, chassis and other equipment.
Technicians must be able to troubleshoot issues and complete all
fleet maintenance processes and ensure that units meet J. B. Hunt
specifications at all times. This position has the possibility to
work outdoors, in the elements, or across multiple shifts including
nights and/or weekends in addition to overtime; it requires
Come join a team where family comes first and safety matters!
- $19 - $28/ hour
- $150 Yearly Boot Allowance
- 40 hours guaranteed
- 401(k) matching
- Employee assistance program
- Vacation, Sick, & Personal time
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
Be proud to come to work in a clean professional environment with
vast opportunities for growth and advancement!!
Applicants can be considered for I, II, or Sr. Trailer Technician
depending on verified years of experience and position
- Demonstrate foundational knowledge ofpreventativemaintenance,
replacement of parts/components, basic repairs as it
pertainstotrailer maintenance, air brake systems, and
- Accurately perform basic repairs to company and manufacturer
specifications, complete work orders,demonstrateproficiencyin
company requirements forstandard repair times (SRT) and warranty
- Alwaysmaintainprofessional communication with JB Hunt personnel
- Understand and effectively follow all shop safety
- Work independently and seekassistanceasneeded.
- 18 years of age.
- 1 year of experience in Semi-Trailer maintenance and repair
and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and
- Willingness to work outdoors, in the elements, or across
multiple shifts including nights and/or weekends ifneeded.
- Basic tools are required to successfully perform this role.
These tools must be supplied by the employee in most locations.
Employees without their own tools may obtain them through toolbox
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- DOTcertified inFHWAInspections & Air Brakes.
- Ability to communicate (written and
- Ability to fulfill physical requirements (lift/move appliance
up to 50 pounds).
- Ability tomultitask.
- Ability to read documents and/or information
- Ability to wearappropriate workattire (protective
- Ability to work both independently and as part of
- Basic active listening skills.
- Basic computer skills and/or comfortable working with a
- Basic deductive reasoning skills.
- Basic organizational skills.
- Basic time management skills.
- Basic welding skills (MIG and stick).
Keywords: J.B. Hunt, Cedar Rapids , Trailer Mechanic- 1 yr EXP Req'd, Other , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!