Shared Living / Host Home Provider - Washington, IA
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: September 13, 2023
Are you looking for a meaningful work opportunity in your home?
Become a Host Home / Shared Living provider with Mosaic at Home and
work with an industry leader! Income opportunity ranges from $1,200
to $12,000/mo. You must reside in the state of Iowa (due to state
funding) and own or rent your home. For nearly 40 years, Mosaic has
provided improved quality of life, greater stability and increased
community access for people with disabilities through our shared
living service, which also offers a satisfying career option for
home providers. As a home provider, you share your home with an
individual with a disability. Your responsibility is to maintain a
safe and healthy home environment for the individual and be a
mentor while helping the person as needed with the tasks of daily
living. In this role, you assist with cultivating life skills and
fostering independence. We work to match interests and lifestyles
between people . You will participate together in activities of
daily living , both at home and in the community. Through the
matching process, you are able to match with a person whose needs
fit the support level you wish to offer. Duties vary for each
individual from minimal support (i.e., budgeting, medication,
transportation, activities of daily living) to full support (i.e.,
dressing, toileting, feeding, positive behavioral support, etc.) ,
and the income is commensurate with the level of support provided.
- Provide support for tasks such as cooking, cleaning, laundry,
budgeting, decision-making, etc.
- Skill acquisition
- Medication administration
- Medical appointments
- Support with overall health and well-being
- Daily documentation via web-based case management application
- Provide fun and leisure experiences to the individual by
providing opportunities of community inclusion, integration and
- Compliance with all state/agency policy and procedures
- Communicate effectively with team members as needed
- Support physical needs of individual served
- Provide transportation Possible responsibilities depending on
- Assistance with bathing, toileting, feeding, behavioral
- Provide support for medical protocols, such as seizure, fall,
feeding tube, etc.
- Care for someone with complex physical/medical needs (i.e.,
hearing impaired, vision impaired, non-ambulatory, etc.)
- Potential support of behavioral issues.
Keywords: Mosaic, Cedar Rapids , Shared Living / Host Home Provider - Washington, IA, Other , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!