Assembler 1 - Worksurfaces - Hwy 61 - 1st Shift
Company: HNI Corporation
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: May 25, 2023
POSITION HIRING FOR: LEVEL -1 -ASSEMBLERLOCATION: HWY 61SHIFT:
1STJOB DETAILSPosition Summary: In this position, you will
primarily construct, assemble and/or pack out parts or
products.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and follow schedules in order to assemble product, while
following standard work processes and adhering to all quality
standards and safety rules.
- Maintain a work pace that supports production goals.
- Member will be expected to maintain flexibility and will
occasionally perform other roles in Level 1.
- Maintain clean work area and follow 6S guidelines.
- Operating hand tools and/or operating automatic equipment
- Member may be required to train others in Level 1 roles per the
Member Training Program
- Participate in activities as appropriate to ensure the success
of the organizationWork Environment/ Physical Conditions:
- Dust, fumes and noise are commonplace
- Seasonal fluctuations in temperatures and humidity are
- Stand and/or work for up to 10-hours per day
- Lift and carry up to 40lbs on a continuous basisWHAT IT
TAKESRequired Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to learn how to utilize hand tools
- Ability to read, understand, and execute to standard work
- Ability to take direction from others
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently as
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability, while maintaining a
positive attitude and approach
- Ability to perform high volume repetitive type workExperience
- No prior manufacturing experience is required.
- Consistent work history and dependabilityEducation and/or
- No prior education or training is required. -HNI Corporation
-(NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings and
building products, operating under two segments. - The -workplace
furnishings segment -is a leading global designer and provider of
commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique
brands. - The -residential building products segment -is the
nation's leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products.As
one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation was recognized
in 2018, 2019, and 2020 for the diversity of our Board of Directors
and was named in 2020, 2021, and #6 in 2022 as one of America's
Most Responsible Companies by Newsweek. -How we act today protects
how we live tomorrow. - Check out our CSR Report here:
and inclusion (DEI), are not just core beliefs at HNI - they are
operational imperatives. - We value each other's differences in
experiences and ideas to solve problems and better serve our
customers. -Take a look at our DEI goals here:
Benefits on Day 1, including a new voluntary benefit, Daily Pay! To
learn about all the benefits HNI has to offer visit
www.HNIbenefits.com.We also invite you to visit us at
-www.HNICorp.com -to learn more!
Keywords: HNI Corporation, Cedar Rapids , Assembler 1 - Worksurfaces - Hwy 61 - 1st Shift, Other , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...