Extrusion Machine Operator 1: Team 1
Company: Legacy Manufacturing
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Extrusion operator provides support to Extrusion manufacturing
operations to insure a consistent, standardized manufacturing
process is established and followed. Extrusion operators are
essential to the making of thermoplastic materials, a process in
which extrusion machines heat the material so that it becomes
moldable before letting it cool to a final specification. Extrusion
operators use these machines and maintain their cleanliness and
efficiency. An extrusion operator is responsible for setting up and
controlling extrusion machines.
Position to start on April 24th, 2023.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Extrude parts according to established standards.
- Obtain all necessary supplies
- Review schedule for line
- Verify correct orders/material are being ran (style, color,
stamp, labeling, packaging)
- Coordinate with personnel into needed positions
- Assure all supplies are in place when needed
- Start operations by inserting data into control units.
- Set up and operate equipment to produce PVC hose
- Mount base material on machine for automatic feed through
- Assist in the setup
- Operate and tend machines to prepare and make hose for consumer
products for storage or shipment.
- Train various employees to operate and troubleshoot various
manual and automate machines, furthering company growth.
- Perform minor maintenance on associate equipment.
- Responsible for personal safety and monitoring the safety of
- Communicate with previous shift lead about key
- Ensure all changeovers are correct and efficient
- Constant monitoring of all quality checks
- Identify and solve problems in the production process
- Ensure created products meet required specifications
- Arrange and monitor all break schedules and assist if
Education for Extrusion Operator
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 0-1 year experience preferred
- Associate Degree in any of the following desired:
- Technical, General Education, Manufacturing, Industrial,
Associates, Engineering, Technology, Education, Electronics
Engineering Technology, Industrial Technology
Skills for Extrusion Operator:
Desired skills for extrusion operator include:
- Operation of extruders
- Extrusion process
- Statistical Process Control
- Good manufacturing practices
- Full Time
- 12 hour shifts
- 2 on 3 off 2 on
Schedule Team 1:
- Week 1
- M: 6am-6pm
- T: 6am-6pm
- W: Off
- Th: Off
- F: 6am-6pm
- Sat: 6am-6pm
- Sun: 6am-6pm
- Week 2
- M: Off
- T: Off
- W: 6am-6pm
- Th: 6am-6pm
- F: Off
- Sat: Off
- Sun: Off
Keywords: Legacy Manufacturing, Cedar Rapids , Extrusion Machine Operator 1: Team 1, Other , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...