EXECUTIVE PRODUCER (MORNING) - KCRG
Company: Gray Television
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: March 18, 2023
About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KCRG TV9 is the ABC affiliate in Cedar Rapids and is owned by Gray Television, Inc. KCRG's crew of dedicated reporters and staff serves the Eastern Iowa region. The station is a longtime leader in local news and programming in the region. KCRG 9.2 bring local live events to Eastern Iowa, including high school and college sports, show choirs, parades, and much more. The CW 9.3 joined the KCRG portfolio in 2021, and this station carries highly viewed programming from the CW network. KCRG is also part of Gray Digital Media (GDM), which offers high quality and targeted digital services, both locally and in all 50 states.
KCRG-TV9 is seeking an executive producer to lead the dominant #1 morning team in Eastern Iowa. The successful candidate will be an experienced journalist with strong news judgment and leadership skills. This role will mentor and guide producers and work with anchors, reporters, editors, directors and digital staff to ensure KCRG content is meeting viewer and internal standards and expectations, particularly on breaking news and severe weather.
Duties/Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Critique, coach and mentor producers, reporters and photographers in crafting news coverage.
- Assisting the News Director in executing newsroom policies and goals.
- Collaborate with producers on story selection and formatting for newscasts.
- Collaborate with reporters on story development and formatting.
- Coordinating with digital editors on coverage for digital platforms.
- Planning and guiding news special projects and coverage.
- Filling in as needed to help write, gather and produce news stories and newscasts.
- Other duties as needed to support newsroom operations and functions.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a professional newsroom setting.
- Proven success in coverage of breaking news and severe weather.
- Strong news judgment and journalistic ethics.
- Excellent leadership skills, including motivational capabilities, coaching and mentoring.
- Understanding of research and factors that drive news viewership and digital traffic.
Interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references
KCRG-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
About Gray Television:
Keywords: Gray Television, Cedar Rapids , EXECUTIVE PRODUCER (MORNING) - KCRG, Other , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
here to apply!