Principal Systems Engineer - Display Products (Onsite)
Company: Raytheon Technologies Corp
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: March 16, 2023
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Position Role Type:
This Principal Systems Engineering position is in the Display Products department which is part of the Avionics business unit of Collins Aerospace. Display Products is a Center of Excellence for flat panel display solutions across Collins Aerospace. This position involves the development of display unit hardware and software for commercial and military primary flight and mission display applications.
We are seeking a highly motivated engineer that is ready to join our Systems Engineering team to aid in the development of display solutions for our wide customer base. The candidate will work with customers in both commercial and military markets. This position provides the opportunity to work in a dynamic and evolving field of technology as well as build a professional network across the Avionics and Mission Systems business units. The candidate will interface with many areas and resources outside the Display Products including Program Management, Production Operations, Environmental Effects Engineering (EEE), and Technical Publications. Certification of display products will be a primary focus for this position requiring experience with Technical Standard Order application processes and experience with DO-254 and DO-178.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Technical leadership for display products from concept development to full-rate production
* Requirements capture, allocation, traceability, validation, and verification of requirements
* Support teams of hardware, software, and systems engineers to develop, integrate and field display products
* Lead Electromagnetic Interference and Environmental qualification testing
* Develop life-cycle data for the FAA Technical Standard Order (TSO) certification of hardware
* Assist architects and system developers in selecting and developing the right display solutions for ongoing pursuits
* Be the primary technical point of contact for display customers
* Support technical proposal preparation, compliance matrix development, and systems engineering bids
* Cost Account Management for Systems Engineering activities
* Some domestic and international travel is expected
* Bachelor's degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience OR
* Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 5 years of experience OR
* In absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required
* Engineering/Other Technical Positions: Bachelor's degree (typically in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)) and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
* Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident/Green Card Holder.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances flight deck solutions, airborne communications, vision systems, sensors and fire protection for commercial and military customers around the world. That means we're helping people reach their destination safely and keeping pilots, passengers, flight crews, airlines, airports and military personnel connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
* Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world - and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
* Tuition reimbursement program
* Student Loan Repayment Program
* Life insurance and disability coverage
* Optional coverages you can buy: pet insurance, home and auto insurance, additional life and accident insurance,critical illnessinsurance, group legal, ID theft protection
* Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
* Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
* Adoption Assistance
* Autism Benefit
* Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
* Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
* Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
* Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
* Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
* And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
* Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Keywords: Raytheon Technologies Corp, Cedar Rapids , Principal Systems Engineer - Display Products (Onsite), Other , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
here to apply!