Safety Coordinator, Iowa Premium, Tama, Iowa
Company: National Beef Packing Co. LLC
Posted on: January 24, 2023
US-IA-TamaPosition Type: Regular Full-TimeCategory:
Administration/SupportOverviewFind your future at National Beef!
Iowa Premium of Tama, Iowa is seeking to hire a highly qualified
professional to join our team as a Safety Coordinator. With
competitive pay and benefits, safe and stable work, and an
environment that is caring and supportive, Iowa Premium could
become your next career move! Competitive wages and benefits:
- Family-friendly benefits including health, vision and
- 401K Retirement Plan with company match
- Paid Vacation after 1 year of service
- Paid Holiday, personal days, birthday
- Employee Meat Purchase Sales
- Paid Life Insurance ResponsibilitiesSafety Coordinator
responsibilities include but are not limited to:Job Summary:
Assists the Safety Manager with implementing safety programs and
policies focused on eliminating occupational injuries and illnesses
and ensuring compliance with federal and state safety regulations.
Work with other National Beef safety professionals to employ meat
industry best practices.Essential Functions:
- Assists the Safety Manager with tracking corporate and plant
safety efforts and regulatory compliance tasks.
- Assist with implementation of all safety training.
- Ensure effective training is completed for all employees as
necessary for corporate and regulatory requirements through both
direct training and other authorized instructors.
- Assists Safety Manager by maintaining documentation and data
entry for all safety training.
- Assists manager with injury / illness investigations and
tracking corrective actions to completion.
- Anticipate, identify, and evaluate hazardous conditions and
practices; this includes writing workstation job safety analysis
- Assist with facility safety committees conducting training,
coordinating activities and empowering members to develop and
obtain specific safety goals and objectives.
- Maintain machine specific lockout tag-out procedures and
confined space documentation.
- Assist with coordinating and completing safety requirements
such as annual audio-grams, industrial hygiene surveys, respirator
fit testing, CPR / First Aid, HAZMAT response training, etc.
- Assist in the completion site safety inspections / audits on a
- Facilitate / participate in safety incident investigations and
corrective action planning.
- Actively interacts with managers, supervisors and employees in
a professional manner to promote safe behaviors.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule including Saturdays,
Sundays and off shift hours on a regular basis.
- Other duties as assignedThis is not a remote position. This is
a safety sensitive position.QualificationsQualified Candidates for
the Safety Coordinator position should possess the following:
- A bachelor's degree in Safety, Business Management or related
discipline is preferred.
- Requires 3+ years' experience in a manufacturing environment
with 1+ years of experience implementing and managing Safety
programs in a large plant. Food manufacturing experience highly
- Knowledge of Process Safety Management (PSM) and refrigeration
systems is preferred
- Experience conducting safety training for individuals and small
- A person with strong bilingual skills in English / Spanish or
English / French is preferredKnowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Demonstrated employee relations experience, interpersonal and
verbal / written communication skills
- Strong problem solving, organizational and analytical
- Demonstrated professional maturity and ability to act as a
change leader by influencing all levels of the organization to
drive continuous improvement in safety performance
- Ability to handle confidential information with great
- Ability to work with limited supervision and high
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and
sometimes conflicting deadlines
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
Company OverviewIowa Premium, a National Beef Company, is dedicated
to being the premier supplier of premium family farm-raised
corn-fed Black Angus beef. Our employees are key to our success. We
offer a variety of employment opportunities in our production and
packaging facility in Southeast Iowa. We strive to be a preferred
employer in Tama County, whether it's measured by the number of
people employed or the good we do in the community. Come join our
family!#INDNational Beef is an equal opportunity employer committed
to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, natural origin, age, gender
identity, protected veterans status, or status as a disabled
Keywords: National Beef Packing Co. LLC, Cedar Rapids , Safety Coordinator, Iowa Premium, Tama, Iowa, Other , Tama, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!