Pilot Rotor Wing - Off Duty Housing Avail
Company: Air Methods Corporation
Location: Cedar Falls
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Aircraft: Bell 429 (IFR)
$10,000 Stipend + Off Duty Housing Available + $15,000 Sign-On
For information on the MERCYONE AIR MED program: -
Responsible to ensure aircraft and weather conditions are airworthy
to transport medical crew and patient to receiving hospital within
an assigned operational area. Responsible for compliance with
Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR), Aeronautical Information Manual
(AIM), General Operations Manual guidelines (GOM), and thorough
knowledge of Air Methods policies and procedures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities -
- Operates Air Methods aircraft in a safe and legal
- Completes pre-flight before every flight verifying the aircraft
is in an airworthy condition by sign off of Daily Flight Log.
Pilots will perform a complete walk around of the aircraft prior to
entering the cockpit for flight and upon completion of each
- Final authority with regard to operations of aircraft and for
the safety of passengers, cargo and equipment.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with all aircraft and medical
systems of backup aircraft utilized at operational area and also
ensures that the medical flight team is familiar and comfortable
with the medical interior and systems.
- Responsible for completion of required documentation.
- Able to conduct detailed flight planning with little notice to
- Participates regularly in Air Methods meetings, activities,
projects, committees and community outreach.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Job Requirements
- Regular scheduled attendance.
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method's policies, regular
attendance is an essential function of the position. - All
employees must follow Air Methods' employment practices and
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. - - - - - - - -
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential function satisfactorily. - The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. - In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods
will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue
burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of
Education & Experience
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college
or technical school and two - to five years' related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Operation and Safety Requirements:
- As a member of the Flight Crew, any person employed in this
position shall maintain a weight not to exceed 250 pounds and shall
be less than seventy (70) years old.
- Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues,
EMS representatives, hospitals and the public and strives to
maintain a friendly and professional working environment
- Pilots must have flown in category within the previous 24
Instrument Flight rules (IFR) Program:
- 2500 total flight hours with a minimum of 2000 hours in
- 1000 hours PIC in category
- 500 hours of cross country flight time
- 100 hours of night flight time
- 100 hours of flight in actual instrument conditions in category
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Instrument rating (for category and class of aircraft)(ATP
rating in category meets this requirement)
- Fixed wing multiengine rating is required for twin engine
- Commercial single engine land is required for single engine
- First OR Second Class FAA Medical certificate required.
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status. -
This position is subject to drug and/or alcohol testing per the
DOT/FAA requirements (pre-employment, random, reasonable
#LI-BCEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals
with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Air Methods Corporation, Cedar Rapids , Pilot Rotor Wing - Off Duty Housing Avail, Other , Cedar Falls, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!