Company: RAMADA INN by Wyndham
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The Ramada is one of the best known hotels in Cedar Rapids a
favorite for its fun environment with great people.
We are looking for an experienced, qualified and dynamic Head Chef
or 'Talented' Sous Chef looking to take the next step, to organize
the kitchen's activities. You will be the first in command in the
facilities and will create and inspect dishes before they arrive at
the customers ensuring high quality and contentment.
We ask that you have an excellent work ethic, good communication
skills, friendly, able to manage others in a constructive manner,
and you must be interested in joining us as a team member.
All pay is commensurate with experience and knowledge of the
industry, although if you are exactly what we are looking for,
whether a head chef at present, or a talented sous chef who may be
ready to take the next step up, we are open.
If you're excited and would like to become part of this 'fantastic'
team, then get in touch and we will arrange a meeting with you.
Pay will be commensurate with experience and expertise.
* Control and direct the food preparation process and any other
* Construct menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring
the variety and quality of the servings
* Approve and "polish" dishes before they reach the customer
* Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified
* Arrange for repairs when necessary
* Remedy any problems or defects
* Be fully in charge of hiring, managing and training kitchen
* Oversee the work of subordinates
* Estimate staff's workload and compensations
* Maintain records of payroll and attendance
* Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety
* Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between
* Proven experience as head chef
* Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management
* Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress
* Outstanding communication and leadership skills
* Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen
* Good understanding of useful computer programs (MS Office,
restaurant management software, POS)
* Credentials in health and safety training/ Safe Serve.
* Degree in Culinary science or related certificate
Job Type: Full-time
* 10 years
* 11+ years
* 3 years
* 4 years
* 5 years
* 6 years
* 8 years
* 9 years
* Hourly pay
* 10 hour shift
* 12 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Morning shift
* Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
* Performance bonus
Weekly day range:
* Every weekend
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
* Casual dining restaurant
* Culinary Experience: 3 years (Preferred)
* Cooking: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: RAMADA INN by Wyndham, Cedar Rapids , Head Chef, Other , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!