Hotel Night Auditor
Company: Super 8 Motel - Kinseth Hospitality
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Provides hotel customer service to guests of hotel by performing
the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES *include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
* Greets, registers, suggestively sells hotel rooms, issues room
keys, assigns rooms to guests and sets wake up calls in a
efficient, warm and friendly manner.
* Acts as hotel manager on duty and follows the prescribed MOD
procedures on communication, emergency procedures and guest
* Enters daily changes and balances accounts such as guest, house,
guest tray, city ledger and advance deposits. Resets system for the
next business day.
* Ensures that the night audit procedures are completed on a daily
basis and the information entered and posted are accurate, balanced
* Enters information and prints night audit reports in an accurate
and timely manner per night audit guidelines.
* Ensures guest safety by following established security procedures
including fire/tornado procedures, key security and guest
* Date stamps, sorts, and racks incoming mail, faxes and
* Records and communicates guest special requests and problems to
appropriate department and ensures they are addressed in a timely
and acceptable manner.
* Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of
guests; and local attractions and provides travel directions.
* Accurately checks out guests and communicates departures with
* Accurately computes bill, collects payment, makes change for
guests and makes deposits according to KHC cash handling
* Makes, confirms and cancels reservations via telephone, computer
and in writing.
* Answers and routes internal and external phone calls in an
articulate, friendly manner using prescribed procedures.
* Posts charges such as hotel room, food, liquor, or telephone to
* Deposits guests' valuables in hotel safe or safe deposit box.
* Maintains the shift-to-shift log accurately to ensure proper
communication between shifts is maintained.
* Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the hotel lobby and
front desk area.
* Washes, folds and properly stores laundry (depending on business
KHC POLICIES: *Responsible for following all KHC policies and
procedures as set forth in the KHC handbook, KHC Front Desk
Procedure Manual and property specific guidelines/standards. These
policies include dress code, safety and performance standards.
Employees must also maintain a professional image and report to
work as scheduled.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: *The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. All
employees must follow proper safety precautions at all times to
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk
or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with
hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb
or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; or smell. The employee
must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
focus. The employee is required to work alone and stay awake and
alert all night.
Brand: Super 8 Motel
Address: 611 1st Ave Coralville, IA - 52241
Property Description: 169 Super 8 Motel
Property Number: 169
Job Type: Full-time%58047475%
Keywords: Super 8 Motel - Kinseth Hospitality, Cedar Rapids , Hotel Night Auditor, Other , Coralville, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!