Material Handler - Inventory Department - O'Neal Manufacturing Services Cedar Falls
Company: O'Neal Manufacturing Services
Location: Cedar Falls
Posted on: September 24, 2022
O'Neal Manufacturing Services (OMS), an O'Neal Industries affiliate
company, is a supplier of fabricated metal components and welded
assemblies. OMS provides highly integrated, comprehensive
manufacturing solutions to customers who build equipment and manage
projects that shape the world we live in - ranging from locomotives
to forklifts and bulldozers to power generation equipment. Founded
in 1921, with multiple manufacturing facilities strategically
located throughout North America, we support original equipment
manufacturers (OEM's) who build their industrial equipment in North
America by supplying them with superior customer service and
quality contract metal manufacturing.
We are located in the Cedar Falls Iowa Industrial Park
Minimum Starting Wage: $17.00/hr. - dependent upon experience
$1.50/hr. shift premium added to hourly wage.
On the job Training for approximately 9 months - Hours
- Monday through Thursday 10:00am to 8:00pm Once fully trained
this job would move to 2nd shift hours
- Monday through Thursday 3:30pm to 2:00am Other information:
- Overtime is posted the previous Wednesday
- We are an air conditioned facility. Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the safety and quality programs by following all
accompanying rules and established processes.
- Check ASN's to prepare for incoming material.
- Load/unload raw material from flatbed trucks. This is a
physical job working with the overhead crane and setting "hooks" on
the material to move safely.
- Verify incoming material is correct: measure, verify, color
code. Examines product for defects.
- Utilize the MRP system to record incoming/outgoing
- Pull material for daily production schedule.
- Return partial material to inventory.
- Remove scrap material.
- Perform rack audits.
- Operate a sit down forktruck - valid Drivers License is
- Operate Overhead Crane.
- Move product in shop according to work order specifications.
Record production location.
- Read work order, follow verbal instructions, check print
specifications to perform necessary process on parts.
- Load/unload material onto or from pallets, trays, racks and
shelves by hand, forktruck or hoist.
- Attach identifying tag or labels to materials, mark information
on boxes, pallets or other containers.
- Stacks or assembles product into bundles and bands
- Cleans and organizes work area.
- Other duties as assigned. Skills/Qualifications
- Ability to operate forklift and cranes.
- Ability to read and interpret simple blueprints.
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools such as hammer, pliers,
screwdriver, wrench, drill, grinder and bander.
- Ability to use measuring tools such as tape measure and
- Ability to convert fractions to decimals and vice versa.
- Ability to convert metric to English.
- Provide high quality work to all internal and external
customers as related to the output of their position.
- Speak, write and comprehend conversational English.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (preferred).
- Valid drivers license required. Benefits - start 30 days from
the first of the next month
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with Company match
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off - 10 hours per month starting day 1
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Programs & Health Premium Discounts Associated topics:
coordinator, dock, dock c, entry level, fulfillment, logistics
agent, material handler, picker, supply chain, trainee
Keywords: O'Neal Manufacturing Services, Cedar Rapids , Material Handler - Inventory Department - O'Neal Manufacturing Services Cedar Falls, Other , Cedar Falls, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!