Automation Control Specialist / Control and Automation Specialist
Company: MRC MARION INTERMEDIATE HOLDING, INC.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Position: Automation Control Specialist / Control and Automation
Position Type: Full Time
Reports To: Engineering and Product Development Manager
The Automation Control Specialist / Control and Automation
Specialist plays a crucial role for both our Engineering and
Product Development Departments by creating a competitive advantage
for our customers by providing control system recommendations,
safety feature specifications, technical support, and designing or
developing best in class products to meet quality, value and
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Develop PLC/HMI software. Able to assess and evaluate project
scope and customer expectations to program, develop and design
best-in-class control systems, HMI interfaces and programming
- Responsible for the timely delivery of the quoted controls
package. Works closely with controls manufacturer (internal or
external) during control panel assembly to ensure quality and
timeline requirements are met. Confirms that package provided is
properly documented, including but not limited to drawings, bills
of material, schematics, sketches, written and verbal
- Designs and develops P&IDs, Control Panel Layouts and
- Ensure electrical and controls designs, installations and
operations are in accordance with relevant guidelines, codes, and
safety requirements (NFPA 70, Hazardous Locations, etc.)
- Work with customers and project team with project scope, test
plan, commissioning plan and training documents.
- Adept in handling customer calls and technical inquiries. Able to
troubleshoot control systems remotely and make recommendations to
remedy program flaws, aid integration, improve system design and
make updates when required.
- When required, is able to provide onsite engineering support at
our customer locations to assist the sales group, assess customer
warranty or product issues, commission new equipment, and conduct
- Serve as a technical resource for our customers; applies
engineering principles, product knowledge and practical experience
to make customer recommendations.
- Utilizes systematic problem-solving methodology to identify root
causes of product application/quality problems and make
recommendations for improvements.
- Organization technical expert in all aspects relating to
equipment and system safety, including but not limited to guarding,
interlocks, E-stops and other safety devices.
- Supports initiatives to reduce costs and increase output,
standardization, and repeatability of designs through developing
and improving engineering tools and processes.
- Occasional US and global travel is required.
- Must comply with corporate requirements for confidentiality and
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and/or activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
Please be advised that this Job Description or any other document
should not be construed in any manner as a contract of employment.
AMP maintains an employment at will. relationship with its
employee. This means that both you and the employer retain the
right to terminate this relationship at any time for any
ADVANCED MATERIAL PROCESSING - amprocessing.com
Advanced Material Processing, " AMP" is a newer platform company
for May River Capital (May River), a Chicago-based private equity
firm focused on lower middle market industrial growth companies.
Focusing on material processing, AMP combines industry leading,
complementary material processing equipment manufacturers to
advance engineering capabilities for customers. AMP, comprised of
Kason Corporation and Marion Process Solutions, focuses on sectors
like food and beverage, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and chemical,
as well as emerging markets like nutraceuticals [ex. cannabis >
KASON CORPORATION - kason.com
Kason has more than 50 years of experience as a global leader in
designing and manufacturing screening, drying, cooling and
processing equipment and systems for bulk solid materials and
slurries for food, with worldwide compliance with the most
stringent safety, quality and sanitary standards and regulations.
The company is headquartered in Millburn, NJ with offices in Canada
and the U.K as well as a global network of sales reps. The company
serves a range of industries including food, pharmaceutical,
chemical, plastic, energy, minerals, aerospace and defense.
MARION PROCESS SOLUTIONS - marionsolutions.com
Founded in 1938, Marion Process Solutions is dedicated to
delivering custom-manufactured processing solutions to companies in
the food, nutraceutical, mineral, plastic, chemical and biomass
industries. With process solutions in over 75 countries on six
continents, serving hundreds of global Fortune 1000 companies, the
Marion brand serves as the standard of excellence in the material
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
Experience, Skills, and Education for the Automation Control
Specialist / Control and Automation Specialist
- Minimum 2 year technical degree and 5 years relevant
- Electro-mechanical Control Systems including Hydraulics and
- PLC programming, Allen Bradley a plus
- HMI Programming, FactoryTalkView a plus
- Machine communications via Ethernet/IP and LANs
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite or related software;
proficient with Excel
Required Skills/ Abilities / Traits
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills via phone,
email, and in person
- Passion for gaining mastery of software
- Ability to perform basic math calculations
- Strong people skills
- Approaches work with a strong sense of ownership, commitment, and
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude, Self-motivated
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with strict deadlines
- Ability to quickly build rapport with customers and internal
- Identifies new and innovative ways to address customer pain
points or improve processes
- Ability to analyze, identify & then follow up to resolve
- Continuous improvement mindset
Must be able to:
- see well enough to read documents, operate vehicles, and see
- hear well enough to communicate with team members and management
and listen to equipment.
- move about the production area by stepping over and/or bending
under objects; and the ability to stand up to 1 hour.
- to stoop or kneel to pick up items from the floor.
- to lift 10 pounds with or without reasonable assistance.
- to grasp and use equipment and tools.
Keywords: MRC MARION INTERMEDIATE HOLDING, INC., Cedar Rapids , Automation Control Specialist / Control and Automation Specialist, Other , Marion, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!