BSA Fraud Intern
Company: GreenState Credit Union
Location: North Liberty
Posted on: June 24, 2022
GreenState Credit Union's internship opportunity will immerse you
into GreenState's fun and fast paced environment! As a valuable
member of our team, you will provide direct support to your
assigned team by owning the outcome for a variety of projects. We
want your internship to be educational, meaningful, and exciting!
As an intern, you will gain a better understanding of the roles in
your department and be well prepared for work in the financial
industry in the future. You will also have opportunities to work
with GreenState members, other departments, and staff.
At GreenState, we exist to create lasting value for those we serve.
We do this by putting immense value into our employees, members and
communities. We empower our employees to create endless
opportunities, which will then impact the lives of our members and
enhance the vitality of our communities.
ResponsibilitiesEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values in serving with
truth, trust, mentoring, openness, risk-taking, communication,
giving credit, integrity, caring, and respect in carrying out the
GreenState's mission and vision.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external)
focus at all times, greeting members and guests with a smile and
eye contact immediately upon their arrival. Consistent usage of the
members name during contact and always thanking them for their
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in
the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures confidentiality of member information.
- Assists with planning, coordination and execution of department
events as directed by the appropriate staff member.
- Provides a variety of administrative and clerical support
regarding respective departmental and organizational projects and
- Interacts with both internal and external GreenState parties
including, but not limited to, fellow employees, department
leaders, members, and vendors in the pursuit of departmental and
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating
in community service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored
events on an annual basis.
- Performs any other duties as may be required to meet Credit
- Examples of 2022 Projects include:
- Assist in reviewing BSA/Card/Account/Customer Due Diligence
Alerts for possible fraud
- Reviewing cases assigned by our fintech partner, Happy Money,
to investigate potential fraudulent loans
- Reviewing incoming and outgoing wire transfers to determine the
possibility of any fraud, money laundering,terrorist financing,
- Review accounts opened online for possible fraud
- Assist in verifying identity and other factors related to
possible fraudulent online loan requests
- Assist with processing Counterfeit Currency and reporting to
- Assist with preparing for BSA Audits and Exams
- This job description does not list all the job duties. Intern
may be asked to perform other duties by the staff or supervisor.
Intern will be evaluated on performance of the projects listed as
well as interaction with employees and clients. Work hours and
project specifics will be negotiated with each candidate.
- Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and
works overtime as necessitated by business demand. Job will require
a non-traditional workweek with extra hours including evening
and/or weekend duties.
- Must be a current student in good academic standing.
- Enthusiasm about knowledge acquisition and learning.
- Good oral communication skills and the ability to produce
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Good telephone manners and techniques.
- Ability to use and understand written material.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and exercise sound
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- Strong analytical, oral, and written communication
- Proficiency with related computer applications, spreadsheets,
word processing, and database applications.
- Must be an undergraduate student entering their junior or
senior year, prior to the commencement of the internship.
- Must be bondable.
Keywords: GreenState Credit Union, Cedar Rapids , BSA Fraud Intern, Other , North Liberty, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!