Company: The Kraft Heinz Company
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: June 24, 2022
All posting locations: Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States of
Job Function: 06 - Manufacturing
Department: 06 - 00 Manufacturing
Date Published: 15-Mar-2022
Job Type: Regular
Description & Requirements
OnPack Operator- 3rd Shift
Kraft Heinz - Cedar Rapids
4601 C Street SW
Cedar Rapids- IA- 52404
* 3-Shift Operation
* Non- Union Facility with approximately 200 hourly staff members
which are a mix of temporary and full-time associates.
* 100% Food Service- 4 bag soup lines- 1 tub line- 18 Kettles- 5
Filling lines- and 4 packaging lines.
* Products include Frozen Soups and Macaroni & Cheese
Company History: Kraft Heinz in Cedar Rapids started as Ashby Soups
and was originated in the mid 1980's by Jamie and Shannon Ashby-
along with their mother- using family held recipes for many kinds
of soups. In the 1990s' the name was changed to Quality Chef Foods.
Heinz acquired Quality Chef foods in the mid 2000's. In 2015 Kraft
and Heinz merged to become Kraft Heinz as we know it today.
The Cedar Rapids and Iowa City area is known as the cultural
corridor. There is always something to do- a site to visit or a
show to see! Also- from Cedar Rapids there is an easy commute-
great school communities- low crime rates and bike friendly. Cost
of living ratio great. Cedar Rapids is a vibrant city- encompassing
unique attractions- exciting events- specialty shopping- a dynamic
art scene- and a large variety of restaurant and nightlife options.
You'll find that Cedar Rapids offers one of the best places to
live- work and play in the Midwest.
More information on Cedar Rapids- IA can be found at:
Are you ready to join a team that produces quality products that
are amongst over 50 household brands in the U.S.? This is a place
for you to create your career and make a difference! Kraft Heinz in
Cedar Rapids is looking for candidates that want to make great
Ensure the machines are setup correctly and ensure all products are
being run efficiently with special attention to quality and
Responsibilities & Duties:
* Operate Onpack machines- must be familiar with settings for all
varieties of products
* Assemble on-pack machine- including X-Rays
* Sanitize conveyer buckets
* Hook up pipes to the kettles
* Name- code- and date product
* Monitor accurate temperature
* Return/Retrieve preweigh carts from prep/blanch
* Documentation of times- temps- and weights
* Accurately document required information into IQS
* Challenge metal detector and X-Ray
* Change film
* Other duties as assigned
* Ability to communicate effectively.
* Ability to work independently and with others.
* Must be able to work in a safe manner.
* Must ensure quality products are being packaged.
* Responsible for following all Food Safety Policies and Safety
Procedures. Responsible for Q-RMP standards implementation as
defined by the accountability list document
* Employees will follow all safety protocols and perform their job
responsibilities in a safe manner. Safety is everyone's
* Successful candidates must have the willingness to:
Always perform to the highest level of competence. Cooperate as a
team. Be open- especially with information and knowledge. Trust and
be trustworthy. Respect others - customers- suppliers- colleagues -
and yourself. Be accountable for one's actions.
Benefits & Compensation Overview:
* Additional perks: Pet Insurance- (EAP) Employee Assistance
* (HRA) Health Reimbursement Account or (HSA) Health Savings
* Pay Rate: $20.01
* Start earning PTO at hire- generous
* Non-Union (FOIP) Field Operations Incentive Plan- BONUS PLAN
Keywords: The Kraft Heinz Company, Cedar Rapids , OnPack Operator, Other , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!