Mortgage Loan Processor
Company: GreenState Credit Union
Location: North Liberty
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Responsible for processing of all secondary and in-house mortgage
At GreenState, we exist to create lasting value for those we serve.
We do this by putting immense value into our employees, members and
communities. We empower our employees to create endless
opportunities, which will then impact the lives of our members and
enhance the vitality of our communities.
ResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs essential duties and responsibilities in the following
areas which may include but are not limited to those listed and are
subject to change.
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values and Service Standards
in carrying out GreenState's mission and vision.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external)
focus at all times, greeting members and guests with a smile and
eye contact immediately upon their arrival. Consistent usage of the
members name during contact and always thanking them for their
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in
the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures confidentiality of member information.
- Supports a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating
in community service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored
events on an annual basis.
- Builds and maintains relationships in the real estate
community, which includes but is not limited to realtors,
attorneys, abstractors, and insurance companies.
- Fields and returns phone calls/emails from borrowers regarding
their mortgage loan. Orders final inspections, flood determination,
credit report, pre-closure credit report, verification of deposit,
verification of employment, verification of mortgage or rents and
other documents necessary to support the loan application and
ensure complete documentation of the loan file. Sends a copy of the
appraisal to the borrowers at least 3 days prior to
- Reviews and verifies title work is clear to close and works
with all parties involved to clear title objections. Sends a copy
of the title to the borrowers to review prior to closing. Requests
HOA letters as needed.
- Collects and verifies completeness of requested credit
documents. Processes documents by correctly entering information
into on-line computer system and scans original documents into loan
software system as needed.
- Orders and reviews both the compliance report and fraud report
for accuracy and discrepancies and makes any necessary
- Submits file information to automated underwriting system when
necessary and verifies accuracy of the findings.
- Organizes documents in the LOS System in appropriate order and
submits final applications to underwriting for approval.
- Follows up on any approval conditions for secondary market and
- Following approval, sends approval letter to borrowers and
realtors, orders payoffs, property surveys, and orders any other
required documentation to prepare closing documents.
- Requests homeowners insurance and flood insurance if applicable
(personal and association) and requests mortgagee clause change
prior to closing. Verifies the completeness and accuracy of the
binder for effective dates, coverage, and address.
- Organizes documents in the LOS system in appropriate order in a
timely manner to ensure prompt delivery to investors and prompt
recording of the mortgages.
- Resolves any secondary market suspensions or deficiencies and
follows-up on any missing documentation in mortgage file in a
- Assists in year-end verification of HMDA reporting and
- Assists in all other necessary mortgage duties and projects
- Adheres to all state, federal and credit union regulations,
policies and guidelines.
- Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and
works overtime as necessitated by business demand.
- Interpersonal skills to represent the Credit Union in a
positive way during member contact.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to gather data from a number of
sources and to represent positively the Credit Union during such
- Ability to provide quality service to members by phone or in
person or by email.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to prioritize assignments and organize work
efficiently, to handle large volumes of details.
- Ability to operate related computer applications, on-line
terminal and other standard office equipment such as a calculator
- Accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Lending policies and Real Estate knowledge helpful.
- High school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED) with a minimum of
one year previous related work experience.
- Must be bondable.
Keywords: GreenState Credit Union, Cedar Rapids , Mortgage Loan Processor, Other , North Liberty, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!