BSA/Fraud Specialist I
Company: GreenState Credit Union
Location: North Liberty
Posted on: June 23, 2022
This position is responsible for reviewing and analyzing system
generated alerts for potentially illegal or fraudulent
transactions, fielding calls and emails on fraud and suspicious
activity issues from operational departments. This position will
provide superior member service to internal staff.
At GreenState, we exist to create lasting value for those we serve.
We do this by putting immense value into our employees, members and
communities. We empower our employees to create endless
opportunities, which will then impact the lives of our members and
enhance the vitality of our communities.
ResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITITES:
Performs essential duties and responsibilities in the following
areas which may include, but are not limited to those listed and
are subject to change:
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values and Service Standards
in carrying out GreenState's mission and vision.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external)
focus at all times.
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in
the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures confidentiality of member information.
- Supports a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating
in community service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored
events on an annual basis.
- Displays thorough knowledge and understanding of the Credit
Union's financial products, services, members, and geographic
locations, and the potential money laundering and terrorist
financing risks associated with those activities.
- Reviews and analyzes fraud and card alerts provided by the
Verafin monitoring system that identifies deposit accounts that may
be engaging in or being targeted for illegal and/or fraudulent
- Fields calls, emails and inquiries on fraud account issues from
operational and frontline departments. Advise frontline staff on
resolution of fraud account issues.
- Fields calls, emails and inquiries from operational and
frontline departments concerning questions with BSA related
requirements and processes.
- Reviews and analyzes BSA alerts generated by the Verafin
monitoring system, for potential money laundering, BSA violations,
terrorist financing and other financial crimes.
- Reviews and analyzes potential hits of member database against
OFAC watchlists. Provides expertise and advice to operations staff
regarding potential OFAC watchlist hits.
- Continues to build proficiency of BSA techniques and AML
principles by attending training, and continuing education courses
- Responsible for closing accounts, establishing new accounts and
moving loans for members experiencing fraudulent account and/or
loan activity. This includes, but is not limited to, closing
accounts, establishing new accounts, moving loans, online banking,
ordering debit cards and ordering checks.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent along with one to three years
banking or BSA/AML/Fraud related experience.
- Strong computer literacy and knowledge of computer software (MS
- Ability to effectively analyze information and situations in
the course of reviews and investigations.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and organize work
efficiently, to handle large volumes of details.
- Ability to quickly adapt to and analyze a wide variety of
potentially sensitive situations involving member accounts and
- Ability to work independently.
- Accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Ability and desire to interact with co-workers to develop
positive and effective working relationships in all areas of Credit
- Strong interpersonal and persuasive skills to represent the
Credit Union in a positive way during periods of stressful member
- Interpersonal skills necessary to gather data from a number of
sources and to represent positively the Credit Union during such
- Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and
works overtime as necessitated by business demand.
- Must be bondable.
Keywords: GreenState Credit Union, Cedar Rapids , BSA/Fraud Specialist I, Other , North Liberty, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!