LASER OPERATOR 1ST SHIFT
Company: Engineering Services & Products Company
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Summary: - The person in this position reports will directly
report to the Weld Supervisor who reports to the Weld Shop Manager.
This person will be responsible for setting up and operating a
variety of manufacturing machine tools to produce precision parts
and instruments. Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for setting up and operating a variety of
manufacturing machine tools to produce precision parts and
- Selecting the appropriate tools, machines and materials to be
used in preparation of manufacturing machinery work.
- Make sure that the right program is picked for the particular
- Calculating dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of
mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and vernier
- Operator will perform daily cleaning of machine, scrap bins and
perform some maintenance duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Load sheets of metal into the laser using a vacuum hoist.
- Unload the cut parts, use instruments to debur and clean
- Make sure that the part meets the quality expectations and it
is within the tolerances of the particular part.
- Make custom parts for repair of current equipment when
- Adhering to all safety rules and OSHA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Must
have experience working with blueprints, drawings and engineering
information Knowledge in lasers including designing issues and
maintenance Knowledge of machines and tools, including their
designs, uses, repair and maintenance Knowledge of gauges,
micrometers and calipers Design techniques, tools and principals
involved in production planning, blueprints, drawings and models
Identify causes of operating errors and deciding what to do through
troubleshooting Determine the kinds of tools and equipment needed
to do a job Background in safety compliance-particularly Lock
out/Tag Out procedures Adhere to safety and OSHA regulations
Ability to program, set-up and operator lasers Ability to produce
parts and components from drawings and specifications Ability to
lift 50 pounds Ability to read and follow written and verbal
instructions Physical Requirements: In addition to heavy lifting,
this job requires, variously, continuous standing, walking,
sitting, light lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling,
crawling, climbing, and squatting. Environmental Conditions: This
job is required to be performed, variously, in hot, humid, dry,
dusty, and cold conditions inside. Minimum Requirements: High
school diploma or equivalent preferred. - Ideal candidate would
have at least 1 year of laser operating experience and
troubleshooting. Training Needs: Continuous training in machine
operation and in company production and safety policies and
Keywords: Engineering Services & Products Company, Cedar Rapids , LASER OPERATOR 1ST SHIFT, Other , Dyersville, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!