Company: Tipton Structural Fabrication
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Tipton Structural Fabrication, Inc is a fabrication facility of
structural steel and miscellaneous metals which include beams and
columns, metal stairs, railings, and ladders for the construction
industry. Some of our projects include: U of I Kinnick Stadium
North Stands in Iowa City, PCI Medical Pavilion II in Cedar Rapids
and Tyson's Material Handling Expansion in Waterloo.
Tipton Structural Fabrication, Inc. Offers Competitive Wages Based
We have an immediate Full and Part-time openings for Machine
Operators in our Tipton and Cedar Rapids locations.
Machine Operator Duties:
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly maintenance and record findings
- Review cut lists for accuracy and verify that proper material
- Move material to be cut to machine and load in preparation for
shearing/punching using forklift.
- Verify job priority with shop supervisor.
- Download job specifications to computer.
- Program machine using gather sheets and blueprints.
- Verify proper size, type of material and bar number and run
parts per job specifications.
- Mark parts with correct numbers and stack on pallet, in a
bundle or in a box.
- Remove drop remnants from machine, label with proper number
based on type of material and restock outside with forklift.
- Inspect all parts for accuracy after completion of run via
- Inform shop supervisor of production and/or equipment when
errors are discovered and order material as needed.
- Program and run shop requests, and jobs scheduled by shop
- Complete cut lists, and routers.
- Cut small flat bar stock and angle iron on chop saw if too
small for Angle Line machine.
- Train new employees on proper operating procedures.
- Identify machine problems, suggest possible solutions and
assist in identifying and scheduling preventive maintenance on
- Assist with material inventory when requested by shop
supervisor and/or when needed.
- Ability and willingness to learn new positions and jobs.
- Work overtime as required.
- Make sure machine and work area is clean.
- Demonstrate a commitment to process and quality
- Demonstrate a commitment to teamwork.
- Uphold, support, and promote all company policies, procedures,
- Stay current with changes in industry and position.
Machine Operator Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years shop experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read and interpret challenging blueprints.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to stand/walk over 75% of work time and lift/move up to
- Valid driver's license.
Equipment used: Magnetic drill, brake press, punch press, stud
weld, drill press, band saws, forklift, cutting torches, grinder,
angle machine, CNC plasma machines, manual shear, band saw, various
hand tools including tape measure. May perform minor preventive
maintenance on tools and machines.
Tipton Structural Fabrication, Inc. offers a group benefits package
including; health, dental, vision, disability (short and
long-term), 401(k) with employer matching contributions, and paid
vacation and holidays
Keywords: Tipton Structural Fabrication, Cedar Rapids , Machine Operator, Other , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!